Cpe Terminator 2k15

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
dubbl-a
Approved Member

Re: Cpe Terminator 2k15

Post by dubbl-a »

GodsLiLMistake wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:42 pm
On 2s and 5700's it's controllable I haven't tried 3s... I think that will be standing backflip city. As far as temps at the 15min mark they where hot but you could hold them for a good 10 to 15 seconds before it got "to hot to hold". I'm running stock gearing so I do have room to play with gearing if I go for adjustable motor mounts.

Speaking of adjustable motor mount anybody have recommendations?
I run an adjustable motor mount setup on my clod. I am using the Leopard Toro 4370kv V2 Combos so they need gearing up a little so I run a 15t pinion and 2s lipo. I got the mounts off of eBay..the ones with the clear covers. They work great and super easy to set your mesh.

Also, I like the paint job! It's tough to tell from the photos but it looks like its all paint and no decals. If so, excellent work!

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

dubbl-a wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 am
GodsLiLMistake wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:42 pm
On 2s and 5700's it's controllable I haven't tried 3s... I think that will be standing backflip city. As far as temps at the 15min mark they where hot but you could hold them for a good 10 to 15 seconds before it got "to hot to hold". I'm running stock gearing so I do have room to play with gearing if I go for adjustable motor mounts.

Speaking of adjustable motor mount anybody have recommendations?
I run an adjustable motor mount setup on my clod. I am using the Leopard Toro 4370kv V2 Combos so they need gearing up a little so I run a 15t pinion and 2s lipo. I got the mounts off of eBay..the ones with the clear covers. They work great and super easy to set your mesh.

Also, I like the paint job! It's tough to tell from the photos but it looks like its all paint and no decals. If so, excellent work!
I was looking at the ones that your talking about. I like that they come with the clear gear cover. How much wider dose it make the motor? Or I guess longer.. An yes it's all paint besides the front grill and tail lights. Ohhh and I've come to find out that the body I'm using isn't as thick as I would like. I already busted a hole in the body trying to back flip from the ground, up a ramp and land on my buddies pool table (there is video and I made it) but landing on the roof with the cpe Velcro mounts did a number.

dubbl-a
Approved Member

Post by dubbl-a »

The mount is only around 1/8in thick and since you have a 4 link setup you wont have any clearance issues.

Good paint work man! It's time consuming but it really makes a body unique and realistic...and then go out and beat the crap out of it... :o
To get more life out of the body(and make it stronger) try lining the inside with Gorilla tape. I do this will my 6S 1/8th scale stuff and it really helps the bodys hold up and it's easy to do.

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

dubbl-a wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 1:11 pm
The mount is only around 1/8in thick and since you have a 4 link setup you wont have any clearance issues.

Good paint work man! It's time consuming but it really makes a body unique and realistic...and then go out and beat the crap out of it... :o
To get more life out of the body(and make it stronger) try lining the inside with Gorilla tape. I do this will my 6S 1/8th scale stuff and it really helps the bodys hold up and it's easy to do.
Oh nice that would be a good investment, off to eBay I go! And I never thought about gorilla tape that's a great idea normally I would use perforated drywall tape and Shoe Goo to reinforce my body's

dubbl-a
Approved Member

Post by dubbl-a »

I bet those 5700's are going to make that Clod scream with a bigger pinion on 2s!

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

dubbl-a wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 12:47 pm
I bet those 5700's are going to make that Clod scream with a bigger pinion on 2s!

:explosion:

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

I could only imagine!! Motor mounts are on there way. I've been quite rough with the clod lately I bent a lower 4 link in a funny shape and also blew something in the front diff or makes rattling noises when I play with the front wheels it's also quite lose

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

Bent lower links

Broken counter gear and spider gear out of the rear.

"Quick change" axle tube mod

BEFORE

AFTER

Here is a link to my photobucket with more build pictures.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/GodsL ... e/library/
Last edited by GodsLiLMistake on Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

Here are more pictures of the link that's bent.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

:explosion: .......and that right there is why I got away from link mounted shocks (and aluminum links as well).

I hope you at least had fun prior to the carnage. 8)

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

The sad part Andy is I wasn't even driving the truck that hard, Well compared to my old mod clod I had. I don't know if it's cheaper aluminum or what the problem is. I love CPE but I don't know what is going on over there any more, I hope everything is ok with Brett and the cpe family.

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

Oh and p.s. the front axle was fine my broken gears where from the rear axle.

ratpower396
Approved Member

Post by ratpower396 »

what brand of links are those??

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake »

ratpower396 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 pm
Really?

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

GodsLiLMistake wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 4:36 pm
ratpower396 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 pm
Really?
Your reply is getting the same reaction from me.

Would have been easier to just say "CPE".