Need help finding a body

Talk about what bodies fit, as well as your painting, and other body techniques here.
jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Need help finding a body

Post by jdmerrill1240 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 am

I need some help finding a body that looks something like a UPS box truck. My wife works for UPS and is a driver so I wanted to build a truck for her but I'm having a hard time finding a body that looks anything like a box truck. If anyone knows of any bodies that would work please let me know. Below are a couple picture of what the truck looks like and the last one is the motivation for this build!
ImageImageImage
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

Halgar
Administrator

Re: Need help finding a body

Post by Halgar » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:07 am

If you want a realistic body, you're probably going to have to find a model or toy that can be adapted to an RC chassis. Since a UPS truck is not a 4x4, you've actually got a lot of choices in buggies and such to find something in a wheelbase that will work with other forms of toys.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Not exactly what you are looking for but maybe with a little work the Parma bus could be used:

Or if you wanted to do a retro version you could use a 50's panel truck body AKA Grave Digger body.
The panel truck bodies are also very square, so having someone fabricate exactly what you want in styrene would also be something to explore.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:15 pm

The bus was one option I was actually looking at, I have the same post on rcmt and someone post there about the limited edition Snap-On lunchbox if I could find one of those it would be perfect!

I thought about have one made custom from styrene but I don't even know anyone that does it on the forums.
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:02 am

You could try and mod a Unimog body and mate the front end to a box made from styrene. It not that difficult to work with, and the box end is pretty much a box with some side rails and a wheel arch. Bruder toy scale trucks that were sold at Menards and on Amazon might have some cabs that are close too.
Jeff

Zac_F85
Approved Member

Post by Zac_F85 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:25 am

Rccrawler.com there is guys over there that will build a styrene body, but I had a real bad moderator experience over there so I'm going to say steer clear of that place..
CPE Barbarian carbon Raminator, CPE Barbarian Bigfoot, 84 Playtron Doberman