Draggular II

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:18 am

Looking VERY nice!!! :shock: :shock:

20/20 hindsight, you could have narrowed the chassis by at least 1 battery cell if you'd have set the battery on it's edge rather than flat. Since the tranny is already that tall, there shouldn't be any clearance issues.

I like the additional bracing, it looks like it's supposed to be there and should do a fair job of stiffening and keeping things straight. One word of caution though, DON'T LET BC DRIVE IT!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: he'll be heading for the nearest wall or chunk of concrete or whatever else he can find to hit. He did that when he was "trying" to drive my T-Maxx at the beach. One chunk of concrete in the whole area and guess what he heads striaght for? :roll: :roll:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

jchung
Approved Member

Post by jchung » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:49 am

Oh man, that is some amazing work you've done there. Can't stop looking at those pics. Not sure what I can use to describe it...except...I WANT ONE!!! :lol:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:03 am

halgar: yeah, the batt on its side did cross my mind..that was to be my "backup" plan..:lol: but everything fits very nicely so this way it'll stay...

jchung: thanks bro...glad you like what you see.... :wink:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:18 am

here's a top view..

after painting it matt black...
i think it looks much better this way...

completed "cage" mounted back onto the chassis

here's the front shock setup...
(oil shocks were kindly "donated" by my M03)
the solid beam front axle has been given "some" castor to help in straightline stability??

dunno if castor actually helps stability....BUT thats what i read lanywez ah..hahaha

with the rear wing mounted back on...

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:50 am

well, after the completion of the chassis, it was time to move onto the shell right?

right!!!

.....suffered a couple of weeks of "painters" block......

in the end decided to go with a similar theme as the first Draggular shell.....

so its a little the same...but at the same time quite different...... make sense??

but i do believe i did manage to retain the original flavour of the first draggular shell. but def. no more green for me :lol:

after masking out the main design ( which is suppose to be "bone"-like ), i tried using various types of black markers, all of them streaked quite badly, not providing enuf coverage so what to do???......had to "borrow" my daughter's teeny tiny paint brush and paint on the black outlines on!...by hand!!!!

glad thats over...

here is the result....four hours later!!!

after backing it off with white paint....

and the FINAL result!!!
completion date.....06-2006

ran it around the covered carpark a little last weekend....couldn't do a speed run coz of the rain...

Claude Balls
Approved Member

Post by Claude Balls » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:08 am

Thats the horniest thing I have ever seen I`ll tell you what! Outstanding work. =D>

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:52 pm

Very nice work, indeed! Thanks for sharing. That is an awesome looking truck.

Now all we need is a vid! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:53 pm

frigin amazing man!!! impressed would be a total understatement...jelous indeed :wink: make me want to do it to my hauler. i think you may have started sumtin right there!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

jchung
Approved Member

Post by jchung » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:24 am

Looks great! LOVE the result! I hope you don't mind me posting the link to this post on several other sites. This build is on top of my COOL list! :lol:

lionel

Post by lionel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:18 am

Awesome outcome man! I loved the first iteration, and now this one just blew me away. :shock:
TE-TAT

disturbed

Post by disturbed » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:24 am

that thing is beautiful. sorry if i missed it but what is your "cage" made out of? i wanna do something similar but with a tlt axle. and some kind of tranny. wouldnt be a three speed. nice truck, outstanding work.
ups sucks

"IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:07 am

wow! didnt expect such a positive response! many thanks for them kind words guys!!!

jchung: i wouldnt mind one bit in fact, i am so honoured! :oops: :wink:

disturbed: its made of G10....some kinda fiberglass or sumthin....

Shelby VNT
Approved Member

Post by Shelby VNT » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:38 pm

Dang! Draggula is slicker then snot on a door knob! :mrgreen: That is one of the coolest projects I've seen in a while. Definitely a very cool creation, starting with a Tamiya rig. Who would have ever thought of a drag truck?

Nice work. Looks awesome and bad to the bone. You've got some great talent with painting too. I like the body.

Small suggestion to finish the look off. Get some tube or center drill some 5/16" dia. alum. rod to give the impression of tube, cut two shortie stacks about as tall as the front windshield, put a nice 45 degree cut on the top end, and mount them in the center of your truck's hood, like they do on super stock pulling tractors! That would be bad arse! :mrgreen: Don't forget to polish.

Let us know how fast this thing is and how long the tranny holds up.
-Nathan-

Sufferin' Succotash

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:11 am

haha..this has got to be the first time that sumthin i've built has been compared to snot!! WAHAHAHA..( usually my stuff gets compared to C r @ p!! )

..shelby, you certainly have a way with words!! :lol: :lol: thanks for the "kind" words....HAHAHAHAHAA...

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:20 am

anywez.....

here's a short vid.....hope it works for you guys...

performance was not up to expectation as this was the 3rd or 4th speed run on a crappy neglected "been raining so many weekends" pack......

after the run, i some trouble with 3rd....
got home , tore it apart and glad to report that there was no chipped gears or ground down parts in the tranny.....

seems 3rd had a problem with "engagement" due to some slop in the "shifting forks" if thats what they're called :lol:....

i think i've rectified the problem but only another speed run with a healthy pack would be able to confirm that....

btw Halgar,......thats BC at the sticks.....yes i gave him the "honours" of being test pilot.....
Last edited by overtki11 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.