Alex's TX-WK2 build aka KINGS BOUNTY

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
GRAVETXT-1

Alex's TX-WK2 build aka KINGS BOUNTY

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:44 pm

This build is entirely inspired by cummins driver and his WK-C build :P

My original plan was to mate a KK-1 chassis with full TXT-2 transmission (hence KINGS BOUNTY) but that would mean waiting a fair while building up funds so...

Managed to snag a complete Wheely King chassis (plus battery box) on ebay for 14 pounds postage included. Cheap!

What impressed me with cummins driver's Clod build is how scale the Wheely King chassis looks without having to spend $$$ on a custom made tubular chassis.

What does not impress me though is how bendy WK chassis plates are not to mention warped :shock: however you get what you pay for right. So I will be adding a lot of chassis bracing. Has to be said though the center gearbox sits nice and tight in the chassis.

Mounted the center gearbox as per a stock TXT-1/ 2 so I will be using 102mm threaded shaft as bracing. In fact the two pieces bracing the rear end are off the stock TXT-2 left over from building FOTD.

Here are the first pictures please be patient as you all know building these trucks isn't cheap so = time. As soon as I have more worthwhile progress I will update :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

Fatcatcustomz
Business Member

Re: Alex's TX-WK2 build aka KINGS BOUNTY

Post by Fatcatcustomz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:13 pm

:popcorn:
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:57 pm

:popcorn: Exactly! Ever since Cummins posted this I have been intrigues as well. 8)
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:34 pm

Me too, and I have a pair of WK chassis plates as well. :mrgreen:

I think as far as the bendy thing goes, that it's not all bad, and also think some clever X-bracing would work wonders for it.

JHeitt142
Approved Member

Post by JHeitt142 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:02 pm

I think you will find once you have everything all mounted in/to the chassis they aren't bendy at all... the mud truck chassis was solid once everything was mounted.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanks guys :) yes once I get it all braced up properly should be fine. Does anyone know a money tree nearby that way I could have it built quick for you guys :lol:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Some noteworthy progress has been made you guys were right once properly braced up the chassis is very strong. Needed four 102 mm threaded shaft and one 96 mm threaded shaft for chassis bracing.

So including mounts on the gearbox chassis is braced in seven locations.
Could not find 102 mm or 96 mm lengths anywhere so contacted Brett and he custom made me a set. 102 mm was spot on but the 96 mm brace was 2 mm shorter than it should be so simply used oven cleaner on Txt-2 brace and cut it down to 96 mm job done.

Same story with Txt-2 bearings could not find a set for sale on the entire planet so contacted Colin at rcbearings.co.uk and he custom made a set for me 8)

He said reason no one is selling them for Txt-2 is that 1160 is a new size for Tamiya and hard to get hold of and only available metal sealed. As I provided him with the type and number needed (for when he lists them) he cut me a deal 16 pounds posted for 34 bearings pretty sweet :)

Managed to bag two 540 motors cheap as well. Next on the buying list is an on axle steering kit from Thundertech.

Just about to receive a large bill for my car so be patient with me!

Will hang WK battery holder at the back of the chassis with zip ties not that elegant but will work. Esc/ receiver will be attached with strong double sided tape on top of the gearbox behind the motors. Will use Txt-2 body posts to mount the body so chassis design should work out well :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:37 pm

That is amazing how well the TXT tranny fit into that. :thumbsup:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Looks great! I think that transmission was meant for that chassis. Who new HPI was working with Tamiya. :lol: Did you try looking at Avid for bearings? They have had everything I have been looking for.
Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Looks good Alex!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks guys most appreciated :) Jeff I will take a look at Avid website so I know for the future. Mark have you decided on your next build yet? :popcorn:
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Mark have you decided on your next build yet? :popcorn:
Yes..... I couldn't decide on one project, so I have two! Most of the gear is here.... once the rest turns up next week I will get started. Hint: Kings are in!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Mark have you decided on your next build yet? :popcorn:
Yes..... I couldn't decide on one project, so I have two! Most of the gear is here.... once the rest turns up next week I will get started. Hint: Kings are in!
:P :thumbsup: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Alex

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:55 am

Impressive how trans fits in there. How wide is chassis ? :popcorn:
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:05 am

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Thanks guys most appreciated :) Jeff I will take a look at Avid website so I know for the future. Mark have you decided on your next build yet? :popcorn:
Your welcome and most of their bearings are a buck each for rubber shielded bearings. :wink:
Jeff