Bigfoot 18

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
CowboyClod
Approved Member

Re: Bigfoot 18

Post by CowboyClod » Wed May 21, 2014 1:30 pm

80's MonsterMan wrote:Dan, what a build this truck is just bada$$! I love all the scale details you have done to this thing. Those 2 fuel pumps look perfect in there.

Where did you get that radiator from I need me one of those? :mrgreen: I like that you clear coat over your decals that is what I do to all my 1/24 scale model cars only way to do it. :wink:
Thank you very much Marty!!

I got the axial radiator from amainhobbies.com

http://www.amain.com/product_info.php/c ... diator-Set

As far as the body is concern that was done by Bari Musawwir for $120.00

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 pm

I realize you know that now that I'm gone to brushless I should upgrade the GP with harden steel ring and pinion. When the Ground Pounder runs I notice after a while I notice something odd. When I pick up the back end and give the GP a forward push I notice the front drive has stiffen up a bit and then frees up after. There's a rattle but that's a stone in the left back wheel.

http://www.crawfordperformanceengineeri ... cts_id=144

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:38 am

Made a video today in the truck bay today!! but next time I will get the roll of bed foam padding out of my own garage and lay it down on the concrete floor so if ever the truck lands upside down again it will land on a cushion of foam. Thankfully there was no physical damage to the body. Only two areas of surface scratch of which I buffed out with Liquid Wrench silicone

This is so frustrating to me I cant think clearly tonight in getting the youtube video to have front props.
I read this again but having hard time understanding.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22528

My video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLjuV9I4iSU

Irio - esos
Approved Member

Post by Irio - esos » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:10 am

In the reply to post area the last box up top says youtube, click that then post just your videos last location in the youtube address. As such

*[*youtube]JLjuV9I4iSU[/youtube]

So the entire address is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLjuV9I4iSU but you just put whats after the = sign in the youtube brackets. Ignore the * was just to break the syntax.

[youtube]JLjuV9I4iSU[/youtube]

Irio - esos
Approved Member

Post by Irio - esos » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:11 am

Truck looks awesome btw, I need another hardened set for mine too. Now that I've gone brushless the front axle is failing.

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah mine ran fine yesterday. But then again I was not going all that fast because I was inside and was being cautious when bashing. The Styrofoam ramp could not take the weight of the truck there for it collapsed.

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:55 am

I need your opinion on this.. I had BigFoot #18 GP out tonight trying out the new table top double ramp I built and once I remove my finger right off on the throttle trigger the truck comes to a instant dead stop with out rolling. So is it ring and pinion or the punch control needs to be re-justed?

BTW those springs I put on for the bar really limits the rotation of the wheely bar.
Truck lands good over the ramp but I wish I had a camera to take a video of it performing.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:16 am

Drag brake on the esc?

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:18 am

Any chance your esc has a drag-brake setting that you accidentally turned on?

You know what else acts like that?..... Seized bearings. :idea:

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 am

Thanks for the info fellas :wink: I will check out the drag brake settings. Differentials spin freely as a bird. There no rattle noise inside the gear case. The only rattle I hear is a stone inside the wheel.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:02 am

I hope it's a drag brake because.... seized bearings are sneaky.... no load?.... often the shaft will spin inside them.... add load and then let off?..... yeah.... been there... done that.... no fun tearing a truck all apart till you find that one sneaky one....

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:21 am

I notice I wrote down brake strength 50% on the back of the instruction manual for the leopard v2 Now should'nt that be set at zero?
I also made note in pencil drag brake 0%
I cant really remember when I wrote this down my memory is failing me.
I will check things over tomorrow make sure nothing went out of what

DOH!!! I found a grey hair
:cry: my memory is really failing me :mrgreen:

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Sorry for the picture quality. But as it stands now the voltage cut off is 5V and the drag brake is 0% and I reduced the brake strength below 50% The punch control is reduced and motor timing is set to normal.( Reverse Type) is set at Proportional Rev. Lockout

If this don't solve the problem then I assume its the ring and pinion being that I never upgraded those after going to brushless.

Irio - esos
Approved Member

Post by Irio - esos » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Thats weird, if it was the ring and pinion you should be able to recreate it by spinning the drive train by hand I would think though. I've destroyed both ring and pinions in my GP axles now since putting in a 4600 castle and all I got was clicking / skipping under load.

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:29 pm

I noticed some stiffness if I spin both wheels together at the front in the same direction when I had her up on the car stand. But that does not tell me anything I mean it could be at the back that's causing the issue. I would need to disconnect the front drive shaft first and see if its at the front. If not then I need to disconnect the back drive shaft and spin the back.

This is what I'm running in it now

Leopard TORO 9T Brushless Motor 3in1 COMBO + 60A V2 ESC RC CAR TRUCK 1/10 4370kv

11T steel Ofna pinion with Ground Pounder Mod1 43T Steel Spur Gear

The other thing it could is the pinion but it doesn't have a whole allot of hours in it.
The GP still has torque twist also. The other thing is the transfer case which was never upgraded