Kyosho Slingshot

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
SFC K
Administrator

Kyosho Slingshot

Post by SFC K » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:23 pm

I have had this sitting on the shelf for a while now and have been collecting missing parts since when I bought it off of Craigslist. Thanks to a couple guys over on RC10talk, LTO-Dave and gomachv for helping me out along the way. :wink:

I don't have an instruction sheet either so I have been using a scan from LTO-Dave that is posted here to assist with assembly and parts identification.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ot#p226125

Here is what was in the box when I got it.

I started assembling the chassis last night, it is looking pretty sweet so far. :wink:

Front and rear bulkheads went together with out a hitch. The bearings were a tight fit but I managed to get the top covers on with a little force. Motor mount and center pulleys are installed. Only issue was the front belt was twisted in storage. I hope it straightens out over time.

Top carbon fiber plate is installed with the belt guide/tensioner for the front belt, the rear body mounts and front and rear arms installed as well.

I'm pretty excited to get this completed. I still have additional parts to find but I am really close now.

Hope you like the progress so far. :D
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Kyosho Slingshot

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:13 pm

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:49 am

:popcorn: \~/ cheers mate, would be cool to see it completed .
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Some more updates on this. I found some stock steering post and drive cups on eBay NIB and have them installed now. I decided to use some New AE turn buckles on this (No. 6262, 1.65"; 6263, 2.06" ; 6264, 1.375"). I wanted to get NIB links but could not find them. I think the AE ones look great ad if later down the road I find the stock ones, I can swap them out. I also stole a dog bone from my Rampage Pro for now until I find a stock Slingshot one.

All that is left to source is shocks, 1 dog bone, and tires. Out of the 4 tires I have only one is in great shape with no cracks. I thought two were good but the rear one when squeezed had cracks. :( It would work for a shelf though.

Jeff

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:29 am

At least its getting somewhere ;)
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:35 pm

It's been a while since I did anything to this. I finally mounted the shocks I got from some gents over on RC10talk. I also mounted some spare HPI Vintage wheel sets for the all blacked out look. Now to find a body. :wink:

Jeff

Zac_F85
Approved Member

Post by Zac_F85 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 am

This screams VTA! Especially with those wheels!
CPE Barbarian carbon Raminator, CPE Barbarian Bigfoot, 84 Playtron Doberman

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:01 am

Thanks Zac! If it would fit 1/10th scale VTA bodies it would make a sweet rig.
Jeff

wahrsuul
Approved Member

Post by wahrsuul » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:41 pm

I've seen that on RC10Talk. Here's mine: It's been run about 2, maybe 3 times. Bought in JP, the manual was in japanese and looked photocopied, but it went together easily enough. I have a body that fits, but it was something I found in JP, and I wanted an LTO body with the big wing. I picked up one, but had an issue using liquid mask with the wrong paint, so I had to trash it.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Nice looking Slingshot and you have the correct shocks. 8) I still need to find a body as well but have moved onto other projects. Someday, maybe both of us will finish them! :wink:

:popcorn:
Jeff