Zac's B4.1 racer buggy

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Zac_F85
Approved Member

Zac's B4.1 racer buggy

Post by Zac_F85 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Last time I was in WI - I went to the Toy Box RC race track outside New Richmond WI.. met Aric (Rex21) there and did some bashing on the track with my SC10 and his clod- he mentioned his uncle was looking to sell his B4.1 team kit I mentioned I was looking for a 4.1 so he brought it back the next day so I could check it out.

Was assembled and run a few times and he didn't like 2wd buggy and wanted back into a clod if memory serves me, was asking $150, which I did not argue, and came with a 2 bodies, as well as a AE SC450BL ESC/3300kv setup, standard Hitec servo, 2.5 sets of tires/wheels - 1 set new, and a spare trans that sounded bad but has nothing wrong with it..

The plan for this is to be a racer no more than that.. here is the specs with a good clean up and good inspection

Tekin RS Gen2 ESC
Tekin 10.5t or 17.5t motor (have a 10.5t) but the Toy Box races 17.5t
Savox 0252MG servo
Has RPM rod ends
M4 super soft Pro-line holeshots front and rear
New front axles (screws are stripped/ locked in so wheels can't come off)
New front wheel bearings
New aluminum servo uprights (screws stripped/ thread locked in)
Racers Edge glitch buster
going retro with the body - modern body vintage RC10 paint/decals from the RE-RE RC10 gold pan kit

Also plan to get a Spectrum 2.4 radio for this, my SC10, and my VTA racer (my race only cars)

CPE Barbarian carbon Raminator, CPE Barbarian Bigfoot, 84 Playtron Doberman