4wd ?

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
jjwolf

4wd ?

Post by jjwolf »

First I just got the clod.
I wired a mtronics sport15 in series. I notice that when the back tires get traction and the front don't the front spin and do not give power to the rear. Is this because I have it wired in series.

Next ? is how many turns are the stock motors. And do you think that I can wire them in parallel. I don't think so. it hase a motor limit of 15t

Thanks

Jj

Cubman

Post by Cubman »

series motor wiring is correct on your problem, stockers I think are 27 turns each, so for parellel, 27/2 = 13.5, so if you buy their 11 turn limit ESC you can run your stockers in parellel or Magnetic Mayhems if you don't push the truck to its limits.

4x4XJ

Post by 4x4XJ »

I thought the stock cans were 32 turn? If so then your esc will work fine. 32/2 = 18 turns

jjwolf

Post by jjwolf »

so what is it 32t or 27t? either way I will try it. If the esc gives out I just have to buy a super rooster :lol:

Anyway thanks

Jj

Stampede721

Post by Stampede721 »

I think the stock motors are Johnson 26 turn. I'd keep it in seried, unless you just don't care about the ESC.
DISCLAIMER: R/C cars may require the excessive use of common sense...

Electrohacker

Post by Electrohacker »

I recomend useing a super rooster and useing the old esc for a new one motor project

and the silver can stockers are 36 turns

4x4XJ

Post by 4x4XJ »

yeah I meant 36. I remembered the 18 turns together form when I asked the same question on the old clodtalk.

jjwolf

Post by jjwolf »

Well thanks for all the replys. I tryed it last night and the esc did not like it at all. I am waiting for the super rooster, and some other goodies to get my project on its way.

Thanks

Jj