Bumper Mount

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Minotaur
Approved Member

Bumper Mount

Post by Minotaur »

All,

I need some help. I have a CPE Vertical Steering setup, which works fine, but I'm always breaking the tabs off the servo on what seem like rather mild bumps. The solution seems to be a bumper mounted servo, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells the bumpers. Got any ideas?

Thanks.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: Bumper Mount

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Mattzilla makes them. Awesome work. You can contact him (Lue) via the Mattzilla RC Works Facebook page.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Only slight criticism is that you can't run the Kimbrough 124 servo saver, but you can run the smaller Kimbrough 200 servo saver. hasn't been an issue for me.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Minotaur
Approved Member

Post by Minotaur »

I'd like to be able to use my bigger servo saver; I wish there were more options.
Sixtys Guy wrote:Only slight criticism is that you can't run the Kimbrough 124 servo saver, but you can run the smaller Kimbrough 200 servo saver. hasn't been an issue for me.

Minotaur
Approved Member

Post by Minotaur »

andymac0035 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3660

I tried that (even replied to the thread). I found that the guard didn't prevent any breakage on the servo tabs since it mounted to them. In fact, it seemed like I broke servo mounting tabs even more often.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Minotaur wrote:I'd like to be able to use my bigger servo saver; I wish there were more options.
Contact Lue and ask him to make you one that takes the bigger servo saver. He makes them to order.....

Otherwise there is an aluminium bumper servo mount on sold on ebay as well. No idea how good they are.

Minotaur
Approved Member

Post by Minotaur »

Just checked ebay and I don't see anything. I am quite possibly missing it. Do you have a link? Thanks of the help.
Sixtys Guy wrote:
Minotaur wrote:I'd like to be able to use my bigger servo saver; I wish there were more options.
Contact Lue and ask him to make you one that takes the bigger servo saver. He makes them to order.....

Otherwise there is an aluminium bumper servo mount on sold on ebay as well. No idea how good they are.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

If you are looking for the ones Mark posted, Jon has a pair for sale on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1507666232824558/
Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Minotaur wrote:Just checked ebay and I don't see anything. I am quite possibly missing it. Do you have a link? Thanks of the help.
I can't find them either..... must have sold out or discontinued. I like the look of the Mattzilla RC ones anyway.

Minotaur
Approved Member

Post by Minotaur »

Thanks. Just checked ebay again and found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennett-style-b ... Sw1DtXFr5z

Looks perfect so I bought it. Hope it works....
SFC K wrote:If you are looking for the ones Mark posted, Jon has a pair for sale on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1507666232824558/

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Try bending that!

Minotaur
Approved Member

Post by Minotaur »

Looks beefy, doesn't it 8) But, I've been able to break most of the parts on my truck, so I'll give it a good test.
Sixtys Guy wrote:Try bending that!

Minotaur
Approved Member

Post by Minotaur »

Well, finally had some time to work with the truck. The bumper on ebay is called a Bennett Style bumper / servo mount for Clodbuster. And, it's beefy. Install was ok. Took me a while to find my braces that I had taken off when I went to aluminum tubes, but I found them. You do have to "persuade" everything to line up, but it wasn't too bad. And, it only takes one custom link that is about 2.5" to connect it to my left side steering knuckle. Note that there is a hole in the bottom so you can screw in your servo saver, so make sure you line it up when installing. Oh, I had a few Traxxas servo mounts, probably used on my CPE Vertical setup, and they worked just fine. And, it drives fine; steering is fairly even left and right. Looks pretty beefy on the front too. On to the pics!

Last edited by Minotaur on Sun May 01, 2016 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Sweet! :thumbsup:

I had seen that one searching around, thought about it myself.
Does it attach on the underside as well? Or just at the braces?