Steering help.

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
ARSone24
Approved Member

Steering help.

Post by ARSone24 »

I'm stumped. It seems like I only have rear steer, The front barely moves. It's a stock setup and I have a high torque servo so I know it's turning. I even tightened down the front steering servo saver or whatever you call it. I can't even drive the truck properly becaus when I see the rear wheels turn it plays with my head lol.

87lc2
Approved Member

Re: Steering help.

Post by 87lc2 »

That's pretty common with the stock setup, whichever axle is in the rear when moving will do most of the turning. If you go backwards the front will do most of the steering. Only real solution is to mount two servos, one on each axle.

ARSone24
Approved Member

Post by ARSone24 »

Thank you. I confirmed that also last night while driving in reverse. Luckily I was planning on the dual servo and bought two. I was just hoping to enjoy the truck stock for a bit.

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

Every time I say I'm going to keep a Clod stock it lasts about half a battery pack...They just aren't much fun out of the box. The good new is there are plenty of things you can do to make them perform however you like.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

I like what this guy did: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30279&hilit=steering

[youtube]6cKUdmUaenA&[/youtube]

ARSone24
Approved Member

Post by ARSone24 »

dammit! thanks for that link. I just placed a big $100+ order with CPE which included the servo on axle mounts. Im gonna try this first thanks for the vid.

Well 20 min later and it def works. I now have front steering!! thanks!