Super Stock??

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
wahrsuul
Approved Member

Super Stock??

Post by wahrsuul »

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what exactly is a Super Stock build? I've seen the term around here, but not exactly what it is.

I picked up a pretty stock Clod a couple weeks ago. Looks like all it's missing is the wheels and body. It's got a couple small issues - one body mount broken, bumper mounts cracked, but seems like it's all there. Just not sure what I want to do with it. I hate to mess with what looks like stock, but I'm wondering if Super Stock might be an option.

SFC K

Re: Super Stock??

Post by SFC K »

Super stock is essentially a Stock Clod with upgrades (linked suspension, servo mount on the gear box, hotter motors...). I think andymac0035 coined that phrase here. :wink: I would look on CPE website and look at all the upgrades for a stocker and see what gets you motivated as far as upgrading. Check out some threads here too to give you more ideas if you do not like what you see on CPE website. :)
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

SFC K wrote: I think andymac0035 coined that phrase here.
...... :mrgreen:

http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=240

The "super-stocker" as I came to call it, was an exercise in seeing just how far the stock chassis and ladder bar suspension could be taken. The answer was, quite far. I ended up pulling the axles off of that one and using them in my T2 build.

However..... I just got another stock clod (two actually) and I still have the super stocker's chassis and suspension bits, so the super stocker will rise again.

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

SFC K wrote:Super stock is essentially a Stock Clod with upgrades . I think andymac0035 coined that phrase here. :wink: )
Oh great!! We already had to widen the doorways here at corporate headquarters to fit his swelling head when he started winning races with his decidedly NON-CLOD race cars.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

You widened those for Halgar years ago.... an I know you did it, because he sure a heck didn't.... :rofl:

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

andymac0035 wrote:You widened those for Halgar years ago.... an I know you did it, because he sure a heck didn't.... :rofl:
Just because he never seems to leave his desk doesn't mean he never did. Well, I've heard that he did...second hand...a long time ago.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar »

132NHAF wrote:
andymac0035 wrote:You widened those for Halgar years ago.... an I know you did it, because he sure a heck didn't.... :rofl:
Just because he never seems to leave his desk doesn't mean he never did. Well, I've heard that he did...second hand...a long time ago.
The mark of a good leader is the ability to delegate! :roll: Heck, if I did everything myself, I wouldn't need you guys around now, would I? And ask yourselves this, if you didn't have to do a few things around here once in a while, what would you have to whine about? #-o :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

:butthead: :nana: :popcorn:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.