My meager "Time Capsule" Cold

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
wahrsuul
Approved Member

My meager "Time Capsule" Cold

Post by wahrsuul »

I'm new to the board, and I have to say that looking around here, I'm almost embarrassed by my lack of knowledge/experience. I know very few of the names, acronyms and setups y'all are using and the over the top builds I've seen are amazing.

But, here's my time capsule Clod. Bought and built in Misawa Japan in 88, modded in 89, and it's pretty much been untouched since then. On base, it was one of the fastest on the track. Looks kinda pitiful compared to what's out there now, but I still like it.

A pretty standard Clod with a Dahm's Camino 2000 body:

The chrome chassis was added in 91 or so when the OEM one broke (maybe during shipping from JP). Also picked up a set of garage made steering pivots as I'd already broken a set.

I originally ran LeMans 600E motors for torque and drive time, but when I started racing it, I went with the LeMans 480 Gold.

I put spacers in to fit an 8.4v battery in the stock location, and since there were no ESCs at the time capable of running dual motors, I came up with this:

It could stand a dis-assembly/cleaning, but one of my Lazer ZXs is being done at the moment. Recently, I picked up a mostly complete Clod chassis. Looks pretty stock, and needs a body and wheels. I still have an 80's body kit NIB, bought when I didn't like the paint on the first body, and a full set of NIB gears.

shadowfocus603
Approved Member

Re: My meager "Time Capsule" Cold

Post by shadowfocus603 »

Personally, I love it. Time capsule is 100% the correct way to refer to this build. And that speed controller set-up is ingenious. Thanks for sharing.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

I really like that! Truck is your own creation at this point, and the dual speed controller's are the icing in the cake! :thumbsup: =D>

knightwind
Approved Member

Post by knightwind »

I also agree, that speed control setup is awesome. love the body too. brings back memories :) :) :)

DarkSammy
Approved Member

Post by DarkSammy »

Looking good!
TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, Gorillamaxx G4, Gorillamaxx G1, Centralemaxx [email protected], DUH Engineering Titan.

wahrsuul
Approved Member

Post by wahrsuul »

Thanks, glad y'all like it.

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Wow that brings back memories, I like it and like rest said that speed control is a work of art!
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~