JDM's Super Stallion

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

JDM's Super Stallion

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

Well as some of you might already know I was lucky enough to get the Mopar Super Stallion from Justin a few weeks ago.

I haven't had much time to do anything with it just, but stay tuned for a couple cool modifications coming in the near future.

ImageImage
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Re: JDM's Super Stallion

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

Here is a nice little group shot of all my solid axles Monster Trucks.

From right to left:
Boyer chassis Son Uva Digger, Super Stallion, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, Retro Bigfoot, and last but not least my Juggernaut

Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Lookin good man. Can't wait to see the new mods :mrgreen:

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

The first thing I'm going to have to do is trade that Ram body in for something with a nice blue oval on the front, so it will fit in with the rest of the trucks :lol: :nana:

DirtyChevy45

Post by DirtyChevy45 »

looks good buddy! got a nice fleet as well!! curious, do you have one radion for them all?

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Nice looking fleet! I second the Oval replacment... :mrgreen:
Jeff

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

DirtyChevy45 wrote:looks good buddy! got a nice fleet as well!! curious, do you have one radion for them all?
I have two radios I use for these truck. One is a Spectrum dx4 and the other is a hacked Flysky gt3b.

DirtyChevy45

Post by DirtyChevy45 »

i'm thinking about a flysky gt3c

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

DirtyChevy45 wrote:i'm thinking about a flysky gt3c
Same as the gt3b just with the lipo already in it, I bought all the stuff and hacked mine myself. Once they are hacked you can basically do anything and everything with the radio.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

I did a quick search on those radios and they look nice and had some decent reviews. RX's are super cheap too. This might need to be taken to another thread, but how does one hack it?
Jeff

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

SFC K wrote:I did a quick search on those radios and they look nice and had some decent reviews. RX's are super cheap too. This might need to be taken to another thread, but how does one hack it?
For the price of the radio and with a few mods they can be a poor mans Spectrum lol.

I did the bearing mod to make the wheel nice and smooth
The lipo mod to save weight and AA batteries
And the software hack.

The hack basic updates the software and turns the 3 channel radio into a 8 channel 60 plus model memory radio! You have to soldier a cable(I used a servo extension) to the board and buy a STM8S-Discovery board to back up the old firmware and install the new. Overall it's really not that hard. If you have more question shoot me a pm!

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

jdmerrill1240 wrote:The first thing I'm going to have to do is trade that Ram body in for something with a nice blue oval on the front, so it will fit in with the rest of the trucks :lol: :nana:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Nice fleet!! Oh poorJustin gonna see the horns go lol.
I also use gr3b- like 6 years now, has every mod and lastest firmware now.
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

jdmerrill1240 wrote:
SFC K wrote:I did a quick search on those radios and they look nice and had some decent reviews. RX's are super cheap too. This might need to be taken to another thread, but how does one hack it?
For the price of the radio and with a few mods they can be a poor mans Spectrum lol.

I did the bearing mod to make the wheel nice and smooth
The lipo mod to save weight and AA batteries
And the software hack.

The hack basic updates the software and turns the 3 channel radio into a 8 channel 60 plus model memory radio! You have to soldier a cable(I used a servo extension) to the board and buy a STM8S-Discovery board to back up the old firmware and install the new. Overall it's really not that hard. If you have more question shoot me a pm!

Good to know. I will do that if I decide to get one down the road...I'm kind of partial to my FASST systems at the moment but the RX's are just expensive. :shock:
Jeff

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

You better watch that mount mr.! Just remember I'm painting your next body :mrgreen: