TTR Ripper Pro/The resurrection

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
SFC K

Re: TTR Ripper Pro/The resurrection

Post by SFC K »

Stunning looking wheels! Those are a work of art! 8)
Jeff

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Ah late for the show.....
Yea orange it is!!! Nice choice of Colors and parts Justin! Its turning out well!
Ill send ya mine before I toss it lol.
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

SFC K wrote:Stunning looking wheels! Those are a work of art! 8)
Thank you Jeff! Can't go wrong with black haha
Skinner wrote:Ah late for the show.....
Yea orange it is!!! Nice choice of Colors and parts Justin! Its turning out well!
Ill send ya mine before I toss it lol.
Haha thanks Patrick, send it on over when you get tired of if. :mrgreen:

I was surfing eBay as usual for things I really don't need. Ran across this beauty, couldn't pass it up!!

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

:shock: oh yeah baby!!! Would be sweet ride!!

~Pat~

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

8) looking body! I think the orange stripe is just the ticket for all the orange accents on your truck and the black wheels. =D>
Jeff

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Well........ I got good and bad news, first the good news. Trucks complete! Bad news, I'm not putting shocker on this truck :mrgreen:

Wasn't sure how well this body would fit the truck, but when I got it yesterday it fits perfectly! With the exception of shortening the wheelie bar a little. I still have a off the wall custom body being done for it also, it just won't be blue! These colors flow so well with the truck it's stupid to put a blue body on it :lol:

I installed my new pro line pro spec shocks. At nearly 100 bucks for the set, I felt a bit on edge about spending that kind of money on just shocks! Well after I got them and out my losi 25wt Shock oil I them. I can see why the price is a little high. Best shocks I've ever purchased!!!! Insanely smooth and down right work!

Also got the aluminum tubes installed. Those really set the tone for the axles!

I want to send my sway bar arms and links to powder coat here sometime and get them done in shocker yellow (matches the lime green on the body)

Got the esc's all calibrated with mixing option on my radio so no stupid y harness!!!! Front and rear motors take off at the same time with out any problems.

So here it is! THE NICEST AND MOST BAD ARSE clod you will ever see come from me. This was a hell of a build can't imagine ever topping it. Honestly I don't even want to try.

Ripper Pro resurrection - mission completed!!

Now for some outdoor photos for a contest I see is in effect 8)

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

Keep this truck for a while and enjoy it :P the performance of those shocks will be insane due to the design and high quality of the parts. I would have to get the kit form though I find it very satisfying building shocks. If they release a black version of those shocks I might be tempted to get a set.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

DarkSammy
Approved Member

Post by DarkSammy »

What are people's views on these shocks compared to the Powerstrokes? I am a big big Maxx fan and have multiple sets of the discontinued Maxx Powerstrokes, but I have no experience with Clod Powerstrokes. I do see a lot of racers using them though. Would be keen for people's views & experience on the two.
TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, Gorillamaxx G4, Gorillamaxx G1, Centralemaxx [email protected], DUH Engineering Titan.

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

DarkSammy wrote:What are people's views on these shocks compared to the Powerstrokes? I am a big big Maxx fan and have multiple sets of the discontinued Maxx Powerstrokes, but I have no experience with Clod Powerstrokes. I do see a lot of racers using them though. Would be keen for people's views & experience on the two.
This is my first time using proline shocks all together. I use to run gmades, losi, Ae and traxxas shocks. I can tell you all of those shocks are non comparable to these. It's very hard to explain how much different these are than others. Would never think a shock could get this smooth and perform just as well. (Yes I did run the truck today :butthead: )

The price is the hardest thing to swallow with these but once you use them it will be worth it. I also bought a set of power strokes I was going to use on this truck. But found the pro specs and decided to run those instead. The power strokes will go on my slash 4x4 now. They too seem to be smooth.

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Wow such a beauty!!! Very nice turn out! ! So wow for the shocks/price and btw drove it? I wanna see a video!!!!
Mixing for 2 esc, anyone know where I can get info on how this is done? Same way ya mix as rear steer setups?

~Pat~

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Yep ran it in the grass. It's not aloud to hit the dirt :lol: for mixing two just like rear steer. I ended up having mine mixed perfectly at 100% front and 55% rear.

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

He says he drove it, but without video proof I'm not believing it. I'm guessing he just put a battery in to set up the motors and that was "driving" it lol :nana:
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

jdmerrill1240 wrote:He says he drove it, but without video proof I'm not believing it. I'm guessing he just put a battery in to set up the motors and that was "driving" it lol :nana:
Lol here we go!!

~Pat~

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

:lol: that was last night. Nearly decapitated myself when programming the esc's. Apparently I hit a button on top of the radio that's linked to Auxiliary for throttle mixing. Well a rear tire went zinging by my head :explosion: :lol: truck come off the stand and hit me in the chest. Really woke me up and reminded me not to touch that switch again! :rofl:

I'll have a video so you just settle down! Don't you have some renderings you should be working on James!? :shock: :lol:

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member

Post by jdmerrill1240 »

I'm studying for my finals but don't you worry they will be done! Actually just thought of a cool idea but can't tell you about it because apparently our phones out tapped :lol:
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2