TTR Ripper Pro/The resurrection

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

TTR Ripper Pro/The resurrection

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

#-o Well....... I decided a while back that I would take a break from the clod/shafty scene. I went and got myself a really nice basher slash 4x4 that I've been having a blast with! Out of no where I make a post on Facebook asking who's selling any race chassis'. Just mainly wanted to see prices and go from there If there was anything worth having.

After a couple hours of no comments I get one with a picture of a TTR Ripper Pro. I pm the guy curious of the price tag, he responds with his price. I say SOLD! What is the matter with me!? It's like I have turrets or something.

So apparently I'm now building a ripper pro :lol:

Got on feebay found axles, placed an order with Brett for some proline destroyer tire's, clod wheels, 10 lug wheel kit, Clark planetary covers and outer bead rings. Now to push myself to for out another 170 to Brad at TTR :explosion:

It's apparent now to me I have an addiction. Or maybe I'm indecisive as all get out. You be the judge hahaha!!!!!!

Got a body bought also, as almost every truck I build ends up going to powder coat. Yes this one will be headed there also. Maybe....... If the wife hasn't buried me in the back yard first. :shock:

Last edited by Fatcatcustomz on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSammy
Approved Member

Re: Addiction is a horrible thing

Post by DarkSammy »

Very nice! The addiction is strong with me also ;-) I don't know what it is, but TTR Trucks have a very big place in my heart.

Can't wait to see what this truck finished looks like.
TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, Gorillamaxx G4, Gorillamaxx G1, Centralemaxx [email protected], DUH Engineering Titan.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

Justin don't be so hard on yourself some people are addicted to drink, drugs, gambling this that and the other. You work hard and provide for your family your trucks are your "me" time so to speak you are one of the good guys.

I am addicted to pc gaming as well as building trucks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

You have more new builds than anyone Justin! I don't think it is turrets. I think it is an addiction! :wink: Like Alex said, better than some of the other things you could waste money on.
Jeff

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Justin are ya still around? Lol i dont wanna grab shovel to dig ya out! Like the old saying "welcome back" to clods that is... i know the pain and you already know what i just did lol.
Whats gonna power this and ya didnt mention wheel adapters?
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Thanks guys. I myself consider it as an addiction more than anything. Now if I could only get addicted to hanging onto something :roll:

Patrick, castle 5700s will be the power plants. As for wheel adapters, I'm going to be placing an order with TTR here soon for a bunch of items including wheel wideners.

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Starting to get a few things in now. Still have a lot of parts to get yet!

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Sweet!!!! Hmm lets see what ya can ship me lol.

~Pat~

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

8)

:popcorn:
Jeff

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

This is what you are missing lol :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~Pat~

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

It's that time! Laid off for the winter and time to start this build!! I haven't made much progress yet due to getting adjusted to mr mom schedule here :lol: But I do have all the parts here or on order, so shouldn't be to long before I can really get down with some building!!

Some of you may not know this but my last Ripper Pro was one of my favorite trucks. Prolly #1 if I had to choose. So I've decided why not recreate it but put a different spin on it with a monster truck replica body. So I choose to get another body done up that I've already had on a different truck in the past. You may be surprised and some may not. But it's by far my favorite Monster theme I've done. The body is getting painted by Kris at Darkside designs, scheduled for December 21st so I'm going to send the body out here after the holiday, just to get that done so I don't have to worry about it.

Now for powder coat colors. Like I said above my last ripper was solid orange, I'm doing orange again but this time it's an orange that will pop like crazy! It's called illusion orange. Sent all the parts out yesterday to my buddy Courtney.

As for power plants, I was going to just toss my toro systems in it I had from my super stallion. But decided since I have one new 5700 combo sitting here why not just get another and have really decent systems in it. So traded off the Toros for a 5700 combo

My TTR parts should be here Friday. Those parts consist of. Aggressor steering kit, rear lock out, wideners, and of course delrin lower links!

Tonight I had a little time and decided to paint up a wheel and install my CPE replica wheel kit. Not to shabby if I say so myself!

So here's a little progress. Not much but hey it's on it's way! I still have to install bearings in my axles, build my shocks, drill and paint three more wheels. I'm sure I have more to do but that's all I can think of right now hahaha!!

This pic is just a reference for powder color.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

I love those wheels! The color choice is going to be cool looking too! 8)
Jeff

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

:popcorn: Nice!! Geez the $10,000 ripper build :mrgreen:

~Pat~

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Thanks Gents!

Patrick, 10 grand? It may lead ok like its 10 grand when it's done :mrgreen:
But in all honesty the most I've dropped on a clod to date. I'm glad I have my own money or my wife would have whomped me a long time ago :lol:

Got the key to this build today in the mail! I'm overly impressed by the quality and craftsmanship from TTR. I knew they made good parts, but I've never had this many new release items in one truck. Hats off to you Brad for making super killer parts!!

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

=D> :popcorn: