My latest find

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
rex21
Approved Member

My latest find

Post by rex21 »

Found a clod on a local Facebook site last night and drove an hour this morning to get it. These are the pics as I got it.

You can't see in the picture that the front servo is held on with a lot of shoo goo or something similar. The rear is mounted with less goo and a zip tie.
I did not know this till I met him to pick it up. Oh well, still no too bad for $120. Hopefully I can get this goo removed without too much trouble.

I am also missing a rear body mount. Anyone have an extra?

SFC K

Re: My latest find

Post by SFC K »

So you are the one that got that! Nice!

I have an extra mount for you if you are cross the border. :mrgreen:
Jeff

MI_Ghost

Post by MI_Ghost »

Nice starting point.
What's the plan for it?
rex21 wrote:I am also missing a rear body mount. Anyone have an extra?
Your also missing the two brace straps between the body mounts.
The shocks will stress the fender wells, and cause them to break if you do any jumping.

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 »

Thanks SFC K! I may take you up on that. Yes, I'm the one. Not sure it was as great a deal now that I have it, but not bad.

MI_Ghost, I will have to look at the book to see the parts you are talking about. I have never owned a "stock clod".

As for what the plan is, I don't know yet. Since I have never owned a completely stock clod I may return it to its former glory. With the exception of never using the stock type steering again. Tried it once. That was enough!

On the other hand though, I have a 1 year old, and he will need a truck at some point. Getting him a clod has been discussed with the wife. She is on board with that, then all 3 of us boys will have some form of clod to run at home.

Decisions..

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm »

I think it was a great deal. The body, wheels and tires are worth close to $120, and looks like you got some motors, servos, and esc to boot...not to mention a pair of working axles and well, basically a COMPLETE FREAKING CLOD FOR $120!!! Heck of a deal man! =D>
Monster trucks rule :)

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

Definitely a decent deal. Axles alone are worth $75, wheels/tires another $75, then you have the ESC/servos/etc. Of course once you're done fixing everything and upgrading wont be much of a deal, but I dont know many people that ever make money after building a fun toy. That goes for 1:10 scale and 1:1 :) Enjoy

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

I love the authentic wear on the paintjob leave the body exactly how it is 8)
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:I love the authentic wear on the paintjob leave the body exactly how it is 8)

+1
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.