New era chassis

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
scclod

Re: New era chassis

Post by scclod »

Quick question. Progress has been slow due to everything, however I'm wondering about batteries. I had time to charge the four I had and of course they are old and they are not any good. I'm running super roosters and I was going to buy some nimh like i had but I was wondering about lipos. Also my charger is a tekin bc112c. I assume due to its age it will not charge them. The motors are 16 turn. So what is the best route and best as far as price?

shadowfocus603
Approved Member

Post by shadowfocus603 »

SPC or SMC 2s lipos along with an iMax B6 (eBay for ~$30 or so) along with a couple low voltage alarms. You can probably get 4 packs charger and alarms for less than $125 or so.

scclod

Post by scclod »

Cool I'll look into those. I didn't know what brand to go with as well. From what I have read the esc's can handle 3s anyone here have personal experience on that? Also if I go with the lipos would one be close in performance to what two nimh 3000 mah? I was debating dropping one of the esc's and using it in my other clod.

scclod

Post by scclod »

Am I correct that the esc can handle a 3s? Don't want to buy the wrong batt

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 »

Yes, it is rated at 10 cells for nimh. 3s lipo should be fine. Just remember to get an alarm or lipo cut off.