New era chassis

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: New era chassis

Post by andymac0035 »

Cable clamps would not be up to the task, or do a very good job.

These are the mounting plates I'm using: http://crawfordperformanceengineering.c ... cts_id=598

This is what many of us use as a tool to line up drilling the new mounting hole: http://crawfordperformanceengineering.c ... ucts_id=29

This is the upper 4-link mount I'm using: http://crawfordperformanceengineering.c ... cts_id=211

These are the wheel wideners I'm using: http://store.rc4wd.com/Mini-12mm-Wheel- ... p_273.html

scclod

Post by scclod »

Thanks for the links I'll get those mounts ordered.

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Feel free to check out my thread. I too used Andys idea to an extent. I didn't want any extra mounting plates on my chassis, so I drilled holes in it big enough for the rocker arm posts then put m6 nuts on the back side to insure they didn't Waller out the hole.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28108&start=120

scclod

Post by scclod »

Im moving the links and wanted to know should I flip the shocks. The ones I'm running are e/t maxx aluminum big bores. Was wondering does it make a difference.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

It does, and the way you have them is better. I would put mine that way if they would fit (but sadly they don't).

scclod

Post by scclod »

This where I ended up tonight some improvement. Going to have to cut the upper links to level out the gear box. Had to flip the shocks cause of clearance. Try and work on the rear tomorrow evening.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Looks better up front. To level out the gear box, you will need to shorten the upper links to pull the top of the axle back, thus leveling out the gear box. Have you tried mounting the upper shock mount to the 3rd hole?
Jeff

scclod

Post by scclod »

Haven't tried that yet. But when I cut the links I'll check that out. Time is going to be scarce next few days. After I posted that last night my wife went into early labor so spent the night at the hospital and they will be keeping her there till our son is born. But I'll update as soon as I'm able. id take it with me but she might not like that to much and I'm sure the hospital wouldn't be to happy. :lol: thanks for all the advice.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

:lol: No problem! Hope your wife and the birth of your son go smoothly! Exciting times! :wink:
Jeff

scclod

Post by scclod »

Thanks. And yea it is. My oldest son is all excited.

scclod

Post by scclod »

wanted to give a quick update. Been an eventful few days. My son was born oct 2 he wasn't due till November 20. So he's still at the hospital while we are home. Sad but a good thing. He is doing well. Had a few min to lower the rear and level out the clod looks a lot better. Going to try and level out the boxes next and give it a test run. I'll get a couple pics next day or so.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Congratulations! :airborne:

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm »

Hey man congrats! I read through the thread, hopefully I didn't miss you saying that you like the wheelbase where it is - because if I were you, I would make some new lower links just a tad longer to level out the gearboxes. This will make the truck a tad longer but with that big 650 body on there I think it could use it.
Monster trucks rule :)

scclod

Post by scclod »

Thanks fellas. Ill look into making the lower links longer. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Congrats! =D> Take your time on the photos too. Family first. :wink:
Jeff