TXT-2-C Build - Excaliber

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
GRAVETXT-1

Re: TXT-2-C Build - Excaliber

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

87lc2 wrote:
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Am seriously considering this body for my Gauntlet paintjob it seems the perfect length for a thirteen inch wheelbase. Pro line's part # is 3248-00 for this body am I right?
Yup, 3248-00 - http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/198 ... o-3-3-mgt/

I would recommend it, its a great looking body no matter the paint job.

The 72 Long Bed might look better with a Barbarian chassis because of the bit longer wheelbase. This body has a 12.6 wheelbase compared with the 80 Chevy at 12.2 - http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/197 ... lear-body/
Thanks buddy :) am leaning towards the 80' body you used as I need a body that is an inch or so longer than the ford-f100 body I am using so will be ideal.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

87lc2 wrote:The problem I had was whenever the truck would wheelie and the rear of the body caught on the ground it would pop off the rear mount.

Maybe Ill give it another shot in the future and make sure to get some better Velcro. It would be nice to not have holes in the bodies or deal with those body clips...
Yeh that does happen on mine occasionally, but the benefits of no holes for me out weighs that. I can interchange the bodies on nearly all of my trucks. Sometimes I change the lids just because I can!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

Can I make a suggestion add some wheel wideners this will enhance the looks even more and give you improved stability. Namely Thunder Tech "clodbuster wheel widener kit" part # DEL-CB02b they are the best in the business. They give a nice subtle width increase.

Once I tried a set every truck I make now has to have the thunder tech treatment :P
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Can I make a suggestion add some wheel wideners this will enhance the looks even more and give you improved stability. Namely Thunder Tech "clodbuster wheel widener kit" part # DEL-CB02b they are the best in the business. They give a nice subtle width increase.

Once I tried a set every truck I make now has to have the thunder tech treatment :P

Im actually not a fan of the way wideners look, takes the wheels outside of the body too much. I may try a set of the Thunder Techs though, they look better than other Ive used. Most other wideners really push the wheels out.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

Yes I know what you mean that puts me off as well I installed thunder tech wideners on fotd kings bounty and my latest truck gauntlet they give a nice subtle increase not ott like some wideners :wink:
Alex

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

Ill order a set and give them a try. More stability is always a good thing, I just never liked how the normal wideners kicked the wheels way outside of the body. The TTRs may be a good compromise. Thanks for the suggestion, never knew they existed.