TXT-2-C Build - Excaliber

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
87lc2
Approved Member

Re: TXT-2-C Build - Excaliber

Post by 87lc2 »

Few more outside...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KONG
Approved Member

Post by KONG »

That looks GREAT. 8)

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

This is the finest TX-C2 on the planet it makes me want to redo FOTD all over again. As far as I am concerned this is the best looking truck I have seen in 2015 on any website.

Can I offer one word of advice don't cut down the body posts you will regret it in the long run they are expensive and hard to get hold of.

I simply cant wait to see what you will do with the Barbarian-X format :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

That is awesome! Make sure you enter it in next months rig of the month.

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the kind words. Im definitely pleased with how it came out, has a good look to it.

GraveTXT - Its funny you mention the posts, thats exactly why I didnt cut them all the way down in the first place, they're pretty hard to come by. I ended up cutting the posts on my other TXT-2 all the way down and have regretted it since because now I have no adjustment in the way the body sits.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

That turned out awesome! I have to aggree with Alex! One of the best I have seen in a while! I'm a huge fan of the Excaliber as well.

My build thread of the original:
:mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23655
Jeff

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

SFC K wrote:That turned out awesome! I have to aggree with Alex! One of the best I have seen in a while! I'm a huge fan of the Excaliber as well.

My build thread of the original:
:mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23655

Just read through your thread, the original turned out awesome. I remember seeing the original back in the late 80's at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphis when I was a kid. I always thought it was one of the best looking monsters, had a great stance. Love the snow shots too, thats by far my favorite time to run the trucks.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Thanks! I never seen the original in person, but it is a cool looking truck. The snow shots were my favorite too!

If you are up to building the original, let me know. I think I still have a few more decal sets for it for the doors. :wink:
Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

I don't put holes in the bodies anymore. I get a local fab shop to bend up some aluminium brackets that bolt where the original uprights are and put Velcro on them. This way I can change bodies around on different trucks.

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

Sixtys Guy wrote:I don't put holes in the bodies anymore. I get a local fab shop to bend up some aluminium brackets that bolt where the original uprights are and put Velcro on them. This way I can change bodies around on different trucks.

Yea, Ive made aluminum Velcro mounts before but when running the truck hard the body always seemed to fly off. I pretty much use the TXT mounts on all of my trucks so bodies interchange anyway. Velcro is a good idea though if you dont mind the body not being 100% secure.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Maybe it's the type of velcro.... mine don't fly off. I am actually a little worried that I will tear the body when I take them off as they stick so well.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

I use industrial strength Velcro and I have the same concern of tearing or breaking the body it sticks so well. Nothing wrong with body mounts either. Use what works. :wink:
Jeff

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 »

Am seriously considering this body for my Gauntlet paintjob it seems the perfect length for a thirteen inch wheelbase. Pro line's part # is 3248-00 for this body am I right?
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Am seriously considering this body for my Gauntlet paintjob it seems the perfect length for a thirteen inch wheelbase. Pro line's part # is 3248-00 for this body am I right?
Yup, 3248-00 - http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/198 ... o-3-3-mgt/

I would recommend it, its a great looking body no matter the paint job.

The 72 Long Bed might look better with a Barbarian chassis because of the bit longer wheelbase. This body has a 12.6 wheelbase compared with the 80 Chevy at 12.2 - http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/197 ... lear-body/

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 »

Sixtys Guy wrote:Maybe it's the type of velcro.... mine don't fly off. I am actually a little worried that I will tear the body when I take them off as they stick so well.

Really? I thought I was using industrial strength Velcro, maybe I was mistaken. The problem I had was whenever the truck would wheelie and the rear of the body caught on the ground it would pop off the rear mount.

Maybe Ill give it another shot in the future and make sure to get some better Velcro. It would be nice to not have holes in the bodies or deal with those body clips...