Clod 3-motor ESC?

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
hardedge
Approved Member

Re: Clod 3-motor ESC?

Post by hardedge »

Remember the old adage about good, fast, and cheap?....pick any 2?..... :mrgreen:
Almost sounds like a brothel. #-o
The last man standing has often cheated...

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 »

Good point, never thought about them having a brushed mode on their ESC's.

I've had issue with Castle ESC's, BEC's but never their motors.

As for Tekin I've run them since they came out and only ever had one issue and that was way back in the beginning with the old 4 hole, black heatsink ones. And they replaced it without question. I've run them in 4wd SCT's, E-buggies, E-truggies, my savage Flux xl and no issues. Not to mention their BEC's are better too. I think what a lot of people tend to do is not use quality lipos that can't supply what the motor needs and over heats the ESC's and causes issues that way.

Hardedge as the saying goes "rome wasn't built in a day". And with a project like this it is very true. My retro sassy clod has been over a year now of building and not done. I also do Tamiya Semi's and have a knight hauler that I bought the kit over a year ago and only cracked the box to start building a month ago as I've been slowly getting the extra parts I need to build it the way I want it.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

I had an "in progress" King Hauler with 4 years invested in it. Then the guys I hired to clean out the basement after the flood last year forgot the meaning of "garbage." :(

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 »

Ouch, that one hurts. I would wonder if it even made it in the garbage and didn't end up in the cab of the garbage truck.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

If it did, that would call for Sicilian revenge and I'm in shape for that now. I did, however, just receive a case of British .410 rounds for my RFI-converted Enfield... :lol: