Bag of Clod

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
hardedge
Approved Member

Bag of Clod

Post by hardedge »

Scott's Clod (actually Bill's Clod now) arrived last night. Not sure how he got it shipped in an A&P shopping bag but no styrofoam peanuts were involved. =D> (Ok, I'm lying about the shopping bag...) It looked so pretty in the "for sale" pictures. Hope reassembly is intuitive! ;-)

The last man standing has often cheated...

132NHAF

Re: Bag of Clod

Post by 132NHAF »

6 screws for the links, four for the tires, a battery and a decent receiver and you're in business... :o

And if it's not intuitive, you know where to fine me... :mrgreen:
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Thanks!

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm »

Ahh what fun it is getting a fresh shipment of Clod parts to tinker with. All though, you basically got a whole truck to tinker with in this deal - even better!
Monster trucks rule :)

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Started some work on the the Clod and was dreading removing the tires. I man, GLUE! AIYEEEE!!!! But then something amazing happened. The tires came off without a hitch and I noticed something amazing: No glue! Scott had put rubber bands on the bead sections so the tires wouldn't slip. INGENIOUS!

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

hardedge wrote:Started some work on the the Clod and was dreading removing the tires. I man, GLUE! AIYEEEE!!!! But then something amazing happened. The tires came off without a hitch and I noticed something amazing: No glue! Scott had put rubber bands on the bead sections so the tires wouldn't slip. INGENIOUS!
This ain't my first rodeo... :nana:

I can't claim that as my idea, but it's what I've done for all of those wheels/tires. If you haven't already started, removing the paint shouldn't be too hard. Old Skippy jar and a big bottle of brake fluid. Let the wheel sit overnight and the paint should peel right off.
Scott T

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Not repainting the wheels. I've ordered new chromeplastic wheels for now (+ a spray bottle of Back to Black tire conditioner) and am re-purposing the original wheels --with some color modifications-- for my Toxic Avenger Clod. Later, "our" truck will get RC4WD wheels and hubs.

The interim plastic wheels were $34 for four and the RC4WD stuff is $192. It was a tough choice. :-)

And as far as I'm concerned, you're the Charles Goodyear of C5H8!

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

Ahhh, I get it. I like the look of those wheels. They will look great with the Giant Tracs
Scott T

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

The old wheels didn't turn out so badly either. (That's blue fluorescent paint in there.)
Setting up the replacements this afternoon.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Although I have to say, thee old alloys, polished and maybe clear coated, would save me a fortune. Where did I put my Flitz...?

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

hardedge wrote:Although I have to say, thee old alloys, polished and maybe clear coated, would save me a fortune. Where did I put my Flitz...?
A little flitz and one of those Mother's mini balls and you'd be set.
Scott T

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

One of those big orange flapper balls? Really? I just bought a 50,000 pack of Dremel polishing wheels/balls from eBay....