My Next Clod

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
hardedge
Approved Member

My Next Clod

Post by hardedge »

Went looking for a relatively stock Clod to mess up :o on my own with mods (or maybe just keep stock. I dunno.). Found one on eBay at a surprisingly reasonable $210 price.

In about 10 days when it arrives (upstate NY to upstate NJ) I'll get to see how accurate the original owner was:

"This one do not have the Chevy logo , but release just after that era . (Before the 4x4x4 front logo.) Truck is in awesome shape no rollover , the rollbar light chrome are intact. Body is well painted with some nice details , but no clear were applied. Sorry for the dusty look and tires in the pics Truck come with no electronics , manuel [sic] or box But include a strong steering servo. Truck is stock except bearings."

No Chevy logo! How dare he!?! I already have a 2.4Ghz radio. Now I have an excuse to use it. I'm going to go stroll through the CPE catalog.
The last man standing has often cheated...

SFC K

Re: My Next Clod

Post by SFC K »

Not a bad looking stocker! Should clean up nice. CPEs site can be addictive. :mrgreen:
Jeff

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Only after I figure out what everything is, what it does, how it installs, and when my next disability check shows up. :lol:

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

hardedge wrote:Only after I figure out what everything is, what it does, how it installs, and when my next disability check shows up. :lol:
LOL! :popcorn:
Jeff

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Some of the body reconditioning is done. I scored a new grill (with Chevy logo!). Looks like it was 3D printed and that leaves terrible print head/layering marks. Sometimes you just have to live with it. The replacement light bar needed to be drilled out to fit the existing holes in the truck's bed and I had to scrounge up some screws and nuts. The light bar is on order.

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

I like the theme. This is the other truck I'm selling. But I promised my son I would let him keep the body.

download/file.php?id=7501
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Get thee behind me, Satan! And just what would you be wanting for this skinny 11 year old truck without a body?

-O'B.

shadowfocus603
Approved Member

Post by shadowfocus603 »

If you put that grill inside a container alongside a small cup of acetone nail polish remover and seal the container the vapors will smooth the layering pretty well. Just make sure not to leave it too long. And just so we are clear the polish remover must not come in direct contact with the plastic.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Great tip! Think I'll practice on some printed batteries first, just in case. Thanks!