I Have this Clod...

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
nosyajg
Approved Member

Re: I Have this Clod...

Post by nosyajg »

bummer... :(

sorry you're disappointed with it...

the reviews and stuff all made it seem like it would glow bright for a while...

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

I think the most disappointing thing was the amount of paint that cost $9.60. Everything else was just put on a downhill slide after that.
The last man standing has often cheated...

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

hardedge wrote:What a disappointment! The paint "bottles" are about the size of crack vials at $9.60 each and they don't really glow that well. Riiiiiip.
Should we be concerned that you know what size vials crack comes in?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Nah... I watch a lotta CSI... (And I had a younger brother who was a HUGE drug addict. Died at 39 of a variety of things, primarily stupidity.) Come to think of it, I think crack vials might have held more.

132NHAF

Post by 132NHAF »

AHHHHH!!! Someone tell the mods to ban this picture...oh, wait... :roll:
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Don't worry, that a urine sample from my hamster in the vial. Last week I had to drop off a stool sample....

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Now I remember this magazine! I hand carried the clod and radio gear to a park about 6 blocks away, moved it all around the place by radio and manually, and then, after about three blocks walking back --a smoker weighing in at 312lbs and on a very hot day-- I started to get some severe pains in my chest. The little snippet of photographer (cute though she was) had to get back to the office so I was left standing there by myself. (Pre-cell phone.) I remember thinking, "God, if I die here, let someone worthy steal the Clod!" After about 15 minutes the pain started to subside. i slowly walked into the deli that was right there on the corner, bought a water, and then went back outside, sat on the edge of the concrete planter, and slowly sipped it. Another 20 minute and all of the pain was gone. I walked the 4 blocks to the garage I'd parked in, fetched my vehicle, drove uptown to where I lived, walked the four flights up to my apartment (still carrying the Clod, radio, and a bunch of battery packs), and then took a 2 hour nap. That was the last time I used Toxie. No wonder I blocked the place! :roll:

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 »

Glad it came back to you as much as it was a rough day in the end. But you still have the truck in all it's glory and wasn't parted out like so many have over the years.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

It's almost totally evolved now... Waiting for some answers from CPE over on the vendor's side.

Quick5pnt0
Approved Member

Post by Quick5pnt0 »

Sorry, I know this is an old thread. When I was a kid in the 90s I saw this truck in RC Super Speed and I used to drool over it wishing I had the money to build something like it out of the Bullhead I had at the time. A few months ago I started thinking of some of the great clod builds the magazines did back then and this one kept popping up in my head. I asked about it in the Tamiya club forums and someone he pointed me here. It is so awesome to hear that the original owner still has it and that it wasn't parted out. The funny thing is the truck probably doesn't mean as much to the owner as it does to me. It is iconic in my mind.

Any word on how the restoration is going? It looks like your last pic is dead. Any more pics?

Thanks!
Mike

Quick5pnt0
Approved Member

Post by Quick5pnt0 »

BTW a huge thanks to maverick for scanning those pages.
Mike

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

Toxie is as done as it's going to be. Needs a radio.

The upcoming big deal is Big Tow. As the condition of my health continues to deteriorate, I've had to push it back probably until summer. (Needs total electrical renovation and a few body repairs/updates. Also needs doctors who can figue out what the :censored: is wrong now that my T2 diabetes is under control.)

At the very least, these two trucks take me back to day when I could carry 20+ lbs in my hands across a 20x20 garage without worrying about falling down on my face, er, butt. Also they point me to a time when my hands worked and I didn't routinely launch 3mm e-clips into low earth orbit. :x #-o

For right now, I'm doing a smaller venue.

...and restoring two King Cabs --one from a roller, one from a chassis...

Thanks for asking.

Quick5pnt0
Approved Member

Post by Quick5pnt0 »

Thanks for the pics!
Mike

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge »

No problem. Now go do something with your Bullhead. :lol:

-O'B.

85k20Tony

Post by 85k20Tony »

I know that you are having to put the 6x6 on the back shelf for awhile, but IMEX still makes and sells the dual rears. They are on a 17mm hex now though. C.P.E has the adapters on their site. I'm going to try and put the link in here, but I'm not all that good with these computer things still. lol. Both trucks are awesome though. I'm looking to do a 6x6 myself in the near future.

http://www.imex-model.com/product/IMX74 ... ml?cid=132