I Have this Clod...

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
mavrick0
Approved Member

Re: I Have this Clod...

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:05 pm

I actually found the magazine. It was Oct. 1992 in a small magazine called R/C super speed.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Interesting. I did the build for RC Car Action and I was sure it was earlier than 1992. But, it exists! Did it have this figure on top?

(I used the shield for the grill emblem.)
The last man standing has often cheated...

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:33 pm

I don't ever remember it in RC Car Action but always remembered it from this other magazine.(one reason I kept the magazine too) There aren't any pics of the figure on top but all the pics have the figure in the drivers seat like you posted here. If I can get my scanner to cooperate I would scan the article and put it up, if you don't mind.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:41 pm

That would be very cool. And, if you wouldn't mind, can you tell me who the publisher of the mag was? Thanks!

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:47 pm

It was published by a company called Control Media out of New York, NY.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Never heard of them. #-o Maybe my age is catching up to me --or else they stole the piece from RCCA or RCCA licensed it to them. Freelance writers have very little control. Thanks.

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Here you go.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:30 pm

WOW!!!! Thanks!!!! I don't care where it was published! You're an angel (unless you watch Dominion)! (BTW: That was me at 312lbs back in the day. By 1997 I was down to 215 and currently hover around 230. What a memory!)
Last edited by hardedge on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:59 pm

No problem. Glad I could bring back some memories and give back a piece of something from the past. In reality it was your article that got to modify my clod with the sassy chassis and cantilever kit. Which of course I traded off unfortunately. But picked up another one about a year ago and have been slowly restoring it.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Sorry, but my insurance doesn't cover that. =D>

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:49 pm

What an awesome outcome who would have thought your own "barn find" would lead to the story coming full circle!

Now imagine restoring toxic avenger and then entering truck of the month compo and winning! :popcorn:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Karma... Has to be. Except, while those are my photos, that's not the piece I wrote. I never used a PDI Hydro Zeta speed controller in Toxie. It always had an SCI Red Baron. Likewise, I didn't use 14 cells. The PDI ESC was in the "Big Tow" 6WD/6WS tow truck and it had a custom made 7-cell C-pack (not sub-C).

I'm not sure I appreciated the, "It's not really necessary to look like Bill O'Brien..." caption, but press is press. :mrgreen:

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:23 pm

That was pretty cool!
I use a cantilever set-up on my clodbuster as well, maybe the type will make a comeback in the clod-world.

Nice on the weight loss as well, and this coming from someone who also knows it feels really good to be 100+ pounds lighter.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:35 pm

113lbs if I count when I put down the Clod. =D>
Last edited by hardedge on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardedge
Approved Member

Post by hardedge » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:38 pm

eBay is good fore something!!! I managed to order a complete decal set for te truck. Not quite a duplicate of the original, but in a similar motif. =D>