SG's TX-C2 - The AgriClod

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

SG's TX-C2 - The AgriClod

Post by Sixtys Guy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:51 am

Possibly the worlds second only TX-C2.... After GRAVETXT-1's.... This will be slightly different to Alex's truck... Pics to follow...

GRAVETXT-1

Re: SG's TX-C2 - The AgriClod

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:36 pm

You big tease :lol: :popcorn: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 pm

No kidding! :popcorn:
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:32 am

Haha, later tonight. I ran out of screws last night, so didn't get a whole lot done. Should be a roller tonight......

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 am

Well, here it is.... I'm not as excited about this as I thought I would be. I'm a little unsure that the chassis is strong enough. I put perspex 2mm plates where the aluminium plates should go to strengthen it up a little. I mounted the top links higher on the chassis to help eliminate caster angle.

The shocks are not the ones that I plan to use. I really want to have dual shocks on this, but I'm not 100% sure how I will do that. I think I will do away with the TXT shock uprights and fab something else. I need to work on that. Wheelbase comes in at 13 1/4" (approx 335mm) which is only 1/4" more than most of my other trucks.

I will be going brushless with this. I have a couple of Hobbyking X-Car 80 amp esc's and a couple of RC4wd Outcry 4400kv brushless motors to pu in it. Rear is locked out, so 2ws. I am going to try to mount the battery down low in the chassis to keep the CPG low. My TXT-2 is quite top heavy, so I want to get it as low as I can.

I have a body on order, but I'm not sure if it will work out the way I want it to. I'll keep it under wraps until it arrives and I paint it.

PS Alex, I reckon you have 2 weeks to get yours finished before me!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:16 pm

That is looking pretty wide. Do the wheels turn without rubbing on the links? With the width you could get by with Brushed Titans too. I know you said your going brushless, but you could try them first. I do really like the stance and the look of it though. Tough looking truck! 8)
Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 am

Thanks Jeff! I have TTR 32mm wideners on there.... no rubbing anywhere. Can't fit 550 can motors as they would hit the chassis. I've started thinking that maybe I will just run silver cans in this instead. I already have a brushless Clod, TXT-1 and TXT-2. My 6yo son is wanting to run the trucks with me more and the only two 'stockers' I have is the Wheely King and the Clod Pounder which has double locked diffs. If I use the VXL-3S esc, I can run 2S or 3S depending....

DarkSammy
Approved Member

Post by DarkSammy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 am

A 6 year old behind the wheel of a Clod on 3S

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That would be awesome to see, I want video haha. I have a 7 year old little man, who loves to get out with the emaxx with me on 4S. He steers, and I control throttle. That way there are no accidents with trees etc lol
TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, Gorillamaxx G4, Gorillamaxx G1, Centralemaxx [email protected], DUH Engineering Titan.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:28 am

When you mentioned Perspex I thought you were going to make Perspex chassis braces instead of metal ones my bad :oops: .

Looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Interesting to see which body you have chose :popcorn:

Shane posted body on 21st October so its down to USPS at the moment I hope they have TURBO BOOST on their planes :lol:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

DarkSammy wrote:A 6 year old behind the wheel of a Clod on 3S
2S for when we are running together, 3S for me on my own.... not actually that quick anyway. He has a Wheely King that has a drag brake on it. Helps to prevent carnage!

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:46 am

It's done! I'm happy with how this has turned out so far. I wanted to blend the TXT-2 and Clod components as much as possible and I reckon I have achieved that fairly well. I'm kicking myself a little with the body. LHS didn't have any metallic red, so I just used red. First mistake! Second mistake - I backed it with black. I knew I should have used silver or white, not sure why I didn't..... the result is that the red isn't as bright as it should be. I'm still happy with it though.

I shortened the wheelbase to 300mm, just a shade under 12". The longer WB didn't seem to fit the body very well.

The shocks turned up and seem surprisingly good for the price - $4 for a set of 2! They are Hobbyking 85mm shocks; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _2pc_.html As per usual with HK, the specs aren't correct. Eye to eye the shocks are 90mm, not 85mm. I replaced the oil with AE 15W and used the springs from the TXT-2. I originally wanted some TXT-2 shocks, but couldn't find any.

Still need to sort electrics. The axles already had Firebolts on them, so I will stick with them on 2S. I need to work out how I will mount the batterty, Rx and esc, but there is plenty of room. I also decided to go with 4ws. I have the CPE vertical mount on the rear. I don't really like the mount, but it's all I have I don't really want to buy a new one.

Pics;

Last edited by Sixtys Guy on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

DiggerXX
Approved Member

Post by DiggerXX » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 am

Wow, this thing looks awesome! Very nice build!
The Monster Factory Team Representative

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:08 am

That looks great! Nice job.

Please keep us updated on how well the shocks work/ hold up. I am going to be looking for a set over the winter and that price is awesome.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:21 am

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it up and running. I am away from home for work this coming week, so it will have to wait until next week.

I was really surprised with the shocks. I expected them to be terrible. They feel fine, don't have any binding and are not sticky.
Last edited by Sixtys Guy on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.