TXT-1 Rims

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Wookiee
Approved Member

TXT-1 Rims

Post by Wookiee »

Hi everyone,

I was hoping you could tell me where to find TXT-1 rims for my Clod? I've been looking around on the web/ebay but not having much luck except for aluminium ones. I find being in Australia is a bit of an issue at times looking on ebay, as sellers sometimes don't ship to Oz. I missed out on a set a few months back and since then haven't seen them pop up in ebay searches when I do go looking.

Can you still get TXT-1 rims or are they all second hand that people are running, as it looks like a lot of people seem to have them on their trucks.

Any help and direction will be really appreciated.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: TXT-1 Rims

Post by Sixtys Guy »

There is a site called 'Jasons Store' based in Japan that sells Tamiya gear, including TXT-1 wheels, although they are out of stock at the moment.

http://jasons-store.highwire.com/produc ... set-1-pair

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

They have chrome Clod wheels in stock;

http://jasons-store.highwire.com/produc ... -wheel-2pc

Wookiee
Approved Member

Post by Wookiee »

Thanks Mark,

I was actually going to PM you sometime to ask where you've been getting your stuff from being as your down in Tassie. I'll keep an eye out on that website. Are they pretty reasonable with shipping fees?

Wookiee
Approved Member

Post by Wookiee »

Sorry should of checked the website before posting, they're really good prices on shipping and parts.
Thanks for the heads up

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

No worries mate. Do keep checking as they come in and out of stock fairly often.

Wookiee
Approved Member

Post by Wookiee »

Do you get a lot of your parts etc from there Mark?

Any other good sites you can point a fellow Aussie in to get good deals on parts for the clod and other rides. I have a Wraith now too which I only just bought. That will be my main ride until I get the Clod back up and running...hopefully next time it will last more than 2 batteries before I destroy the axles :)

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

I've bought a few things from Jason's Store and have always had a good experience. CPE and Tower Hobbies have always been good too with reasonable postage rates and delivery times. LiquidRc have 99 cent shipping, but shipping usually takes 4-6 weeks. I have bought other gear off Level3RC (Ebay), Thunder Tech Racing and RCGuy all without issues.

US postage rates are really cheap compared to Australia Post. Makes you realise the ridiculous amount we pay for postage in Australia as well as the ridiculous time frames. If I sell anything on Ebay I always include tracking as people don't believe me that it takes 1-2 weeks to post something from Tassie to Sydney!

Wookiee
Approved Member

Post by Wookiee »

HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 1-2 weeks to send something from Tassie to Sydney...Geez even I'm struggling to believe you....Christ I know you're in Tassie but you're not in 1920!!! :wink:

Thanks again for the info on parts suppliers, I'll give those few places a look again. I haven't come across Liquid RC yet but the others I've skimmed through in the early days of getting my Clod.

I'll get there eventually...I just acquired a Wraith Poison Spyder which I had enjoyed 2 runs of before realiseing the ESC was not waterproof :oops: :oops: for some reason I thought I read somewhere it was, but it seems like it isn't after giving it a really good swim in a large puddle on a construction site I was bashing about on yesterday....had the Wraith for a week and already need a new ESC ](*,) ](*,)

**Edit** actually I tell a lie after looking at the Level 3 RC website...i have seen their stuff but only when I've been looking on eBay...I've never checked out their website before...

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

Wookiee wrote:HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 1-2 weeks to send something from Tassie to Sydney...Geez even I'm struggling to believe you....Christ I know you're in Tassie but you're not in 1920!!! :wink:
It's not Tasmania that is the hold up, it's Australia Post. )n the 24th of July I bought two bodies, one from Perth and one from Hong Kong. The HK one turned up on Friday, so 8 days, the one from Perth...... not here yet. And to top it off, postage from HK was cheaper.

Wookiee
Approved Member

Post by Wookiee »

Just jokes about Tassie...you're right though, Australia Post is ridiculous these days. So expensive and their service is going down the toilet. Then they have the gaul to charge even more and not even provide a daily service anymore :evil: :evil:

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy »

It drives me nuts that they are considering delivering only 3 days a week. That's not a first world postage service.

Wookiee
Approved Member

Post by Wookiee »

I know, its appalling the service we get for a country like Australia. I can see another Simpsons episode coming up with a Kangaroo delivering the mail. :)

Dukk
Approved Member

Post by Dukk »

It's amusing listening to your complaints about AUS post as we are having similar issues in Canada. Recently they discontinued delivery to rural areas except for medical reasons and it is common for items to take two weeks to get across country. The US has kickbutt post in comparison. USPS is almost on par with couriers like UPS for delivery times. I live very close to the US border and get a lot of stuff shipped to Washington state. Service even from the southeast is only a few days by post.

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 »

Thats not totally true. I think USPS is going down the crapper. I can get stuff from China or Hong Kong just as fast as from California or New Jersey. It just took 4 days to get my lipos from Illinois, one state away. USPS sent it south instead of north. It spent 2 days in Indiana.