SG's TX-C (Tamiya Extreme Clod)

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
GRAVETXT-1

Re: SG's TX-C (Tamiya Extreme Clod)

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Yet more inspiration for me :wink: ordered a txt-2 last week (as txt-1 is way out of my price range now) and is stuck in customs as always. Or so the tracking says. I hate customs! :twisted: .

This is what I think of customs :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Sat May 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Very nice man, what kind of wheels are on it with the blue thunder body? :)

Marty

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat May 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks guys!

The wheels are EQR wheels, made from clod wheels and Traxxas MJ wheels. There are pics of how i made a set in my Grounded Pounder thread.

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Sat May 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Ok cool ill half to check out that thread. Props to you for making wheels, anything that is has to be true with no wabble is a tall order. 8)

:thumbsup:

Marty

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun May 18, 2014 1:17 am

I can't claim to be the inventer of the wheel!! William G over at RCMT came up with the idea. I and others just copied his design. Here's where I made them; viewtopic.php?f=49&t=27960&hilit=ground ... r&start=30

I made two sets - one with front MJ wheels and one with rear MJ wheels. The set using the front MJ wheels has an extra 10mm or so of wider offset. These are the ones that I have on the TX-C truck.
Last edited by Sixtys Guy on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Sun May 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Yeah, but you still had to make them yourself even though you followed a plan. Very nice, they look clean and done right that's what matters. :)

The Knight
Approved Member

Post by The Knight » Fri May 23, 2014 10:24 am

Nice truck, looks similar to mine. :)
How "fast" are the two HPI 15T motors? Do you use it on a 7,2 oder 8,4v battery?
How long can you drive, more than 15 minutes?
Greets from Germany!

DER ZERSTÖRER - My Clod-TXT Project
The Blackfoot III
My Apocalyptic Volkswagen MK IV - A Mad Max Style Car

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks! I saw yours too... nice!

I was using 2S Lipo with this and getting around 18-20 mph. I switched to 3S and it is quite a bit faster, although I haven't put my GPS tracker on it to find how fast it is. It has a lot more grunt down low though. I'm running 15T pinions as well.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:37 am

I have finally gone dual brushless on one of my Clods. I have a brushless TXT-2 and TXT-1, but thus far have stuck with brushed motors on my Clods. I was looking at the Leopard Toro 4370KV combos that are very popular on here. I also looked at the water proof Trackstar combos on Hobbyking. In the end I decided on the Hobbyking Trackstar 4370kv motors and Hobbyking X-Car 80 amp esc's. I am certain that the motors are the same as the Toros, just a different colour. I was happier to buy from the Aus HK warehouse, so I can return (cheaper) if they fail. I chose the X-Car 80 amp esc's as they are larger capacity and can run sensored motors, so I can use them with different motors later on if I want to. Plus I already have the USB adaptor and Hobbywing software to program them. They also have a relatively large 3 amp BEC. I have given them a couple of runs and I am pretty happy with them. When compared to brushed Firebolts (on 3S) they have more torque. Top speed feels about the same, but I haven't checked with a GPS. Pretty happy with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sixtys Guy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:10 am

I love that it's dirty..... meaning you've been out there bashing around with it. :thumbsup:

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:30 am

andymac0035 wrote:I love that it's dirty..... meaning you've been out there bashing around with it. :thumbsup:
LO, yes I seem to be building more than driving these days. It's the middle of winter here, so it's hard to get out much with the rain. After work is a bit of a writeoff too as it's too dark. We moved house too, so I no longer have the piles of gravel and sand to drive on.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 am

I've been having some issues with the dual brushless setup in this truck. The front motor seems much stronger than the rear. I'm not talking Clod Stall, I just mean that it clearly puts the power down before the rear. I adjusted the punch down on the front motor and up on the rear motor, but that didn't help. I am running neutral timing on both motors so I might try to increase the timing on the rear motor. It's a fairly frustrating issue!

A few pics from today;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sixtys Guy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:04 pm

NICE! Photo number three :worship: :worship: :worship:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Turn punch control OFF on rear motor. If you want to use it anywhere use it up front.
All the esc's I've ever had, punch control is like traction control (almost) so you can guess what turning it up will do.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:43 pm

That's really interesting.... I would have thought it would be the opposite, I'm not going to doubt you though! I have to say it did appear to be worse when I turned the rear punch up. I will give it a try today. Thanks.