T2........ Judgement Day

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: T2........ Judgement Day

Post by andymac0035 »

Budhatrain wrote:I have never liked those predator links... They bent on me rather easily. Actually I bent two CPE machined links too.

LOL........ These may look familiar to you then, as they came off of your Nightwing truck.
I got them from Chris a while ago and they were just sitting in the parts bin.

If the traxxas links hold up I will be swtching to those since they are steel they "should" be stronger, we shall see.

I think I've got my sawybar links figured out too... man I hope so.

mud
Approved Member

Post by mud »

I think I need to dig deeper into the world of monster truck racing....uh-oh, there's that bad influence I was talkin about. :D
my name is Shirley

91lxcoupe
Approved Member

Post by 91lxcoupe »

Budhatrain wrote:I have never liked those predator links... They bent on me rather easily. Actually I bent two CPE machined links too.

i bent all 4 machined links with one crash. god :censored: dog

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Yeah, but that is no fault of the links.... :roll: :lol:
I actually have considered those as a back-up plan if my set-up cannot be made to work to my satisfaction.

Got some more work done today. No pics loaded yet, but don't worry, I am taking pics as I go.

Put the servo on and it looks very promising. Got the front links on and the axle all connected. Got the rear links on the axle, but ran out of time.... :(

While I was working on the front end I got the sawybars hooked up. I made some swaybar links using CPE rod ends and P-clips. You know those smaller P-clips you get in the set from CPE? Ever wonder what they fit? Large traxxas tow links and pushrods! The install looks pretty clean. If it functions well I'll have things pretty much nailed....we shall see.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Finished getting the rear links on and the axle mounted up. Swaybar links are still looking very promising.
Shocks are mounted and the axles are levelled....one of the shock mount screw had been bent, and I adjusted the length of the shock to make it right.....then discovered the real problem later....

Front servo is mounted and looks good! :thumbsup:
I am going to have to bend the (short) tie rod, as it hits the gearcase @ full lock. I could reposition it higher on the servo, but I like how it sits, as it's level.

I'll have pics by the weekend, I promise, just been busy plugging away at it before I have to leave everyday. Hated prying myself away today as I almost had the steering linkage perfect.

Can't decide on rear-steer..... :?
Part of me just wants front steer. I know that is more stable.
But I can't deny how cool 4WS looks and how tight it can turn.
If I go 4WS i'll be making it so that it has less throw..... IF I do it at all....

SWMS
Approved Member

Post by SWMS »

We need pics or none of this happened!
Last edited by SWMS on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Yeah.... yeah.... I know....

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Okay you bunch of whine-as...... errrrr....... I mean here's the pics! :P

Servo mount:
Dunno' if it's home-made or what, but it's a real sturdy one. Feels like it's made of steel.
DSCN1362.JPG

I like how it's nice and tucked in. Linkage is nice and level too.
DSCN1363.JPG

E-maxx steering linkage rod. Didn't want to bend it, but it was just barely hitting.
DSCN1364.JPG

Changed the short rods (for slightly shorter ones) on the rear lockout so that they attached under the axle braces.
DSCN1372.JPG

Sway-bar links!
DSCN1367.JPG
DSCN1370.JPG
DSCN1371.JPG
I had to bend the bars in slightly to get the angle I wanted with the new linkages. Here it is all done and ready for some wheels and tires. I put the batts in to test the servo/steering and hit the throttle while I was at it......If the higher pitch of the gearboxes was any indication...... I think I'm going to be pretty happy when I go to run this.
DSCN1369.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Look at Andy! He made some nice mods! I really like the sway bar links you made. 8)
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

......and of coarse, now that it's almost ready to go, the good weather has left and the rain is here... :roll:

91lxcoupe
Approved Member

Post by 91lxcoupe »

you never cease to amaze me

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

Well..... my ability to deal with Halgar is above average, but I wouldn't call it amazing..... :lol:
Oh..... you mean the clod.... :oops:

Weather report says the humidity (and rain) is supposed to head out tonight and give us a nice weekend!
I sure hope so......

Need to prep the wheels (drill extra holes), mount the tires, and threadlock the barrel nuts tonight before I turn in tonight.....want that threadlock to cure before I run this. I'm plannin' to GPS-it.... hope it breaks 20+

todd ritchings
Approved Member

Post by todd ritchings »

Who is Halgar?

todd ritchings
Approved Member

Post by todd ritchings »

Looks good Andy!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 »

Yes looks good :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"