My original Clod project

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Re: My original Clod project

Post by TamiyaTony »

Nice Clod, brother! It's great to see a gold body. You don't see too many of those. And yeah, those are reeeeely vintage aftermarket parts on there. Keep 'em on there for sure. It's like a museum piece with such originality. So glad to hear you're keeping her bone stock. 8) Just knock off the dust and make a few minor repairs and you're all set. Total eye candy.
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Spidubic
Approved Member

Post by Spidubic »

I am liking the gold colour.
Super Clod, Mod Clod, Double K Clod, Bullhead Tow Truck, Groundpounder Bigfoot

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

slapshot1979 wrote:I love stockers, dont see much around here....maybe if there was a stock truck of the month club or something =D>
I guess I must go off-topic for a minute and ask if you think my clod has moved too far away from bone-stock to be considered a stocker?

And.... if we could get 5 people to commit in advance..... I'm sure that would be a theme that could be worked in at some point.

Back on topic.....
I knew Tony would be drooling all over those vintage ESP parts. Dave I'd keep that clod locked up at night...... :lol: :shock: :mrgreen:

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Thanks for the complements there guys! I do appreciate it.

I got looking around, and found two different packaging on the ESP lift kit,

One from a seller on ebay, Which is way earlier then the more current "milled" style.

EARLY STYLE

LATER "MILLED" STYLE

Here are a few more pictures showing the "Strobe Light" system,

You gotta dig the vintage battery cell holder and such. Check out the sweet pull switch that hangs out the side of the body :| Last pic you can see the mounting screws that are through the bed holding the battery tray, and also the "strobe light" threw the sunroof where there was a beacon dome or similar.

Theres a sensitivity dial on the unit, it still turns but the plastic around it is cracked. I have not tested it, Either way it will be coming off the truck.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Oh man! You have some relic items there! :shock: 8) Tony will be drooling over them. I really dig that light set-up. I think this is the first time I seen that system by Tamiya. That has to be a rare part!
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

I've never seen anything like that. :thumbsup:

:drool: <--------Tamiya Tony ...... :mrgreen:

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony »

My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Well, I kinda feel like a idiot lol, been over two years since I started this thread, and have done absolutely nothing with the clod. I kinda got caught up in other things and the whole R/C scene got put on the back burner.

She's just been sitting on a shelf, think I did pickup some body posts and a couple other small things for it. (Cant remember what all I got) Unfortunately, I just don't see myself getting into it anytime soon. I sent a PM to a site admin. requesting access to the b/s/t section, As I'm thinking of possibly posting it for sale, not sure what a good asking/starting price would be? Either way I gotta think about it, but just thought I'd update this old thread :?

Skinner
Approved Member

Post by Skinner »

Oh great ya talking maybe selling..... right during christmas season ..... what part Mi you in?
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Skinner wrote:Oh great ya talking maybe selling..... right during christmas season ..... what part Mi you in?
LOL....I'm in Macomb county area :wink:

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Well guys, Have still not touched the clod. Been busy around my house here lately, as I had to have some demo work done on some old out buildings/garages on my property, that were really showing their age (built in early 30's) I was pretty much forced by the city to have them taken down. Anyhow 12k later and their gone, minus some fill and grade work (as soon as weather breaks here) So I kinda took a big I wasted my time trying to bypass the language filter financial hit there to say the least. :shock:

NO choice but to get rid of some of the "back burner" projects and other items I have sitting around. It is what it is, sometimes these things happen.

I posted over in the "what its worth" section, to maybe get a feel of a fair asking price. While Ebay can be helpful, theres just too much inconsistency on sold prices lately, guess depends on the certain person that month LOL. If its worth my while to sell it, I will then list it in the B/S/T.

Kinda sucks to let it go, especially after looking at it again today, makes me wanna clean it up and such, but then again it sat this long, and I could always use a few bucks at this point. Who knows maybe later this spring/summer I might find me another.

Thanks guys.
Dave