Mopar Super Stallion

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
highroller54
Approved Member

Re: Mopar Super Stallion

Post by highroller54 »

Oh, it's been a while since I checked in. Looking good from a fellow super stallion owner :twisted:

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

highroller54 wrote:Oh, it's been a while since I checked in. Looking good from a fellow super stallion owner :twisted:
Thanks!! I've got to see yours now!

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Got a bit of an update here. We are currently under construction!!

Re wired my esc's to eliminate all the unwanted wires. Second is a big one, after looking over Andy's canti setup I've decided I wanted to give it a go on this ole turd. Third change is sway bar setup. I bought freestyle rc solid aluminum arm sways. I'm 99.9% sure this is gonna be one wicked ride with these 2 new upgrades.

I went with the straight arm sways.

Hopefully if time will allow it I'll have it completed by next weekend! :twisted:

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Cool! Curious to see how you improve on Andy's idea. :wink:

:popcorn:
Jeff

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Well..... Here is what I came up with. Only had time to get one done last night due to so much time invested in trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to install the cantilevers. So I ended my night with this, and woke up this morning after a cup of coffee I hit the bench and got it done in no time. Still have some small items to work out. Most likely will be putting a vertical servo mount on it. The front push rod binds on the bta servo mount :cry: I could just hack it but that's not at all how I do things.

I'm not sold on the sway bar setup just yet. May switch back to the ones I had before. These seem a tad long

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Justin, what is keeping the stabilizers from hitting the bottom munt for the shocks?
Jeff

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

The shocks are fully compressed right before the sway bar arms touch the shock cap. Believe me I fought with it forever before giving it just enough clearance lol

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Got this pig finally finished! Improved the the cantilever setup a little more. Changed over to vertical servo mount ( front right push rod wouldn't work with bta) changed out the springs for more rebound, added a few delrin cross braces. Added 3 zrp esc plates and did away with the big bulky center plate. All in all I'm more than happy with the outcome of what I was trying to accomplish.

And yes Andy, those are Revo rods as my upper links. :wink:

&CLOD
Approved Member

Post by &CLOD »

nothing else to say but awesome.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

1Badclod85 wrote:Changed over to vertical servo mount ( front right push rod wouldn't work with bta)
You probably could have used the mount though, and just repositioned the servo like mine is.

Actually those are tow links. :mrgreen:
The pushrods don't have adjustment hexes on them. :wink:

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Looks awesome Justin! You always have a way to bring out the best in these builds! Can't wait to see a video of this running. Please add some slow motion bits too. I want to see the suspension work. :wink:

BTW, your pictures are huge. Its forcing me to scroll to see the whole picture.
Jeff

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

&CLOD wrote:nothing else to say but awesome.
Thank you :mrgreen:
andymac0035 wrote:
1Badclod85 wrote:Changed over to vertical servo mount ( front right push rod wouldn't work with bta)
You probably could have used the mount though, and just repositioned the servo like mine is.

Actually those are tow links. :mrgreen:
The pushrods don't have adjustment hexes on them. :wink:
You know what I meant smart arse! I feel the vertical mount works better since I added spacers to the push rods. I tried everything to make the bta setup work. It was just no bueno.
SFC K wrote:Looks awesome Justin! You always have a way to bring out the best in these builds! Can't wait to see a video of this running. Please add some slow motion bits too. I want to see the suspension work. :wink:

BTW, your pictures are huge. Its forcing me to scroll to see the whole picture.
Thanks Jeff! I'll try and maybe get a video this weekend. I have to get my boy a new pinion for his truck then we will have a bash off. :mrgreen: I don't know why the pics would be so big? I just upload from photobucket. Is it just the ones I recently posted? I think I made a post on rcmt and just copied and pasted everything. If it's just those I'll try and swap them out.

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

I don't know if you swapped them out or not but now they appear normal now. It was just the ones you recently posted.

Now that you are on, take a look at this thread and give some advice. Cantilever suspensions are not my specialty.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30352
Jeff

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Got rained out today at work, so I put some work in today on the ole pig. Swapped all hardware out with black stainless, from non other than screw loose hardware!

Finished making the pink push rods, which I'm waiting on the glue to dry on the inserts of the before I install them. Need to dye the cross braces black at some point and buy some new wheels and tire's.