KK's Formal Hello to All!

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
SWMS
Approved Member

KK's Formal Hello to All!

Post by SWMS »

Well hello to all on CLODTALK.com

I haven't spent a whole bunch of time on this board other than the occasional browsing here and there. I spend most of my time over on RCMT.net, but I think its time I start spending some more time over on these neck of the woods. I've been Clodding since around 1993. My first real hobby grade RCMT was the electric Kyosho USA-1, but I quickly transitioned to the Clod. My first Clod started out stock and then quickly transformed with a variety of mods including the Z3 chassis. I eventually sold that truck around 1999/2000 and have regretted it since. I had intended on buying a Jug but just never seemed to get around to it. I basically went Clodless for many, many years but kept myself entertained with 1:1 cars and motorcycles. Back around 2009, my wife and I started having children, and well all the 1:1 toys needed to go. I just had no time to be wrenching away in the garage anymore. I needed something smaller scale, so I decided to rekindle my love for the Clod, and I am very glad I did. My favorite part of the hobby is the build. Hate the RTR stuff, but boy do I love making, designing, and creating.

Here are a couple of threads I started over at RCMT.net. Its easier for me to post them like this than recreating the post over here.

This one is my first official posting with my recreation of the Z3 I had back in the day. I like this truck a lot and it is still one of my favs.

http://www.rcmt.net/forums/showthread.p ... **UPDATE**

This posting is for my custom chassis I designed. I am not calling it KK-1. KK-2 was sold to KC27 and he is now building up what he is calling his new "pounder" Clod.

http://www.rcmt.net/forums/showthread.p ... 2-17-2012)

I hope you all enjoy these postings, and I look forward to creating some good ones here too!
Last edited by SWMS on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Re: Formal Hello to All!

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

Welcome to the show! Good to see you decided to come here!

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Welcome aboard officially. I think you'll find that we have a lot of fun here and bascially are a bunch of degenerates. :lol:

Good looking builds that you posted. I always have liked the various Zilla builds that go on and yours is looking great.
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

Fatcatcustomz
Approved Member

Post by Fatcatcustomz »

vwjuice wrote: I think you'll find that we have a lot of fun here and bascially are a bunch of degenerates. :lol:
This is true :mrgreen:

Kingclod27
Approved Member

Post by Kingclod27 »

yea everyone here is crazy lol...lots of joking between friends...Glad you finally made it here too
The Original Monster Truck

SPEED.......I..AM..SPEED

http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

SWMS
Approved Member

Post by SWMS »

I'm looking forward to goofs. Thanks for all the welcomes.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

1Badclod85 wrote:
vwjuice wrote: I think you'll find that we have a lot of fun here and bascially are a bunch of degenerates. :lol:
This is true :mrgreen:
and if your not down with that.... :mrgreen:

[youtube]DpiNBiF8Ylc[/youtube]

SWMS
Approved Member

Post by SWMS »

How do I post videos and images?

Does this forum have a gallery where I post images?

How do I post imbedded youtube videos like the post above me?

Thanks,

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Posting youtube videos is easy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj8AYa6vnWg

All you need is the part at the end of the web address after "=" so in this case only "yj8AYa6vnWg"

In your reply or post click on the youtube icon just above the reply box and insert "yj8AYa6vnWg" and it will pop up like this. [youtube]yj8AYa6vnWg[/youtube]

As for pics they are easy after you do it for a while, below the reply click browse then any folder on your computer and upload the pics. Or post the link to your file sharing program. You will have to make sure your pics are the right size first. The site will only allow smaller pics.
SFC K is my hero!

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

We do have a gallery section but it is quite different then rcmt.net

On the main clodtalk page scroll down and you'll find the gallery section. You can post a bunch of pics in there. I think only 15 pics per post, but unlimited pics per thread?!?!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics, I have been on rcmt a lot more lately, but Clodtalk is my home and for me is a much easier site to navigate and do things. :lol:
SFC K is my hero!

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 »

On the subject of the gallery,

Keep in mind that it's just for posting pics of your fleet. (one gallery thread per member, no conversations)
You can post links to your build threads, and give desription of your trucks.

....but no chit-chat.

What you do for that is start a thread in the R/C vehicles section appropriate to what R/C that you building (or have and just want to talk about). For example a motor on axle truck like a clod, goes in the clodtalk section. A jugg would go in the shaft drive section, a USA-1 would go in the highly independant section.

We don't have a million sections here, so it's pretty easy to find stuff. :wink:

SWMS
Approved Member

Post by SWMS »

Thanks a bunch guys! Good info.

SWMS
Approved Member

Post by SWMS »

Okay, let me give this YouTube video thing a try.....

[youtube]Vi871J8-9-I[/youtube]

This is a video I took during Christmas out in west TX. Truck is not picking up its normal speed because the tires separated from the wheels. So the wheels were spinning up inside the tires. The end of the video is cool because I lose a wheel! LOL! :evil:
Last edited by SWMS on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

You should have kept going until it was on it's lid spewing steam. That would have been cool. :lol: :lol:
SFC K is my hero!

SWMS
Approved Member

Post by SWMS »

Yeah that would of been cool. I run brushed motors, and I can get them to light up showing sparks. It looks really cool at dusk and kind of looks like the disc brake shooting sparks on a 1:1 MT!