My RC4wd Rockbull Clod Project (Snow Actions Pics added!)

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

Re: My RC4wd Rockbull Clod Project

Post by Powerram426hemi »

Finally here are the updated pics of the Rockbull Project... But now im going to have to do some more updated pictures next week because now I just got Integy Alloy cases and blue integy axles tubes and knuckles as well as the Novak M2 Dig Setup with 55 Turn Terra Claw Motors... And I also got Integy 160mm high clearance blue links... and Im going to get a set of Blue Integy Piggybacks too...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

I failed to mention that these pics are also showcasing the RC4wd Mudslinger tires and the rc4wd chrome skidplates which I am really pleased with both...

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Irio - esos wrote:15 is about as long as you'll see the super class crawlers go from what I've seen. 17 does seem like a big wheel base but run it imo and see how it goes.
Close but not quite right. Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a minimum of 16 inches and a maximum of 18 inches for super class.
Jeff

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Looking good! You have a lot of parts on the way. It will be fun tearing it apart... :wink:
Jeff

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

heres the new axles and links
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 »

Thats sweet looking. love the blue. and how are those mudslingers working out for you ? :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

Im loving the Mudslingers theyve been working great... I think I may put some weights in the front not sure yet... Im waiting to get it back from my local hobby shop they are installing the Novak M2 Dig and BEC setup and dialing it all in for me... when i get it back im gonna have to tear down the gearboxes and see if it has a nice gearset or it has JB welded stock gears and I have to buy some new gears as well... I may wait to tear it apart for like 1 more week and take it out a few times and see how the new ESC and motors perform...

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

Wow, the axles in those colors look really good. Did you build the axles or did the hobby shop? You mentioned about the gears being good set or not...I'm a little confused or are you talking about the other truck you just got?
Jeff

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

I built these axles... But the truck is at the hobby shop getting the Novak M2 installed thats why I said ill have to wait to tear down the other axles installed in the truck to see how the gears look and see if ill just reuse the gears in my stock cases or buy a new set of metal gears....

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

I see, I thought you took apart your axles when you built these. :wink:
Jeff

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

These cases are "gearless" after just browsing ebay im thinking of just buying new metal gears with spools front and rear.... then i can just leave the axles i have alone and use them on one of my many other projects...

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

Will I need to shorten my upper links now that these new integy ones are shorter??? or can i still use the uppers i have please help...

SFC K

Post by SFC K »

You might be able to use them. All that is going to happen is the axle will clock forward which will help as the motor portion of the axle will be higher. The only thing with this is is if you have a your servo in front of your axle it it will be closer to the ground.
Jeff

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

Well that may help my motor hitting rock problems but my servo is mounted in the front we'll see how it goes maybe its time to get a BTA steering setup and put this thunder tech steering on a race clod idk yet... but one thing is this thing is performing really well it need to get the better shocks and axles put in but Im really loving this whole new setup is really awesome the Venom 5400 11.1 3S battery is great it has TONS of power now and the run time is almost an hour id say.... I took it out on a few wood piles at work and it was climbing right to the top of huge log piles NO PROBLEM the guys at work were amazed!!!

Powerram426hemi
Approved Member

Ok Ive got to splitting my original cases and when it came time to assemble the new Integy cases it seems that either the half assed chrome job or just the plain poopy alignment of the gearcases.. So much that i cant even get all of the bolts to go threw and thread into the nut on the other side because the cases arent closing correctly... Im going to try to "debur" the cases a little and see if that solves the problem... Has anyone else had issues with Integy cases fitting??? Ive gotta try to get this this all finished up by Oct. 13th Im entering a crawling competition from the mass chapter of rccrawler.com