GECKO SKIDZ!!!!!!!

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
shagrat69
Approved Member

GECKO SKIDZ!!!!!!!

Post by shagrat69 »

well i for one didn't like the idea of acratchin up my gecko on the rocks so i made some skiz to go on it and under my cases mounted to JPS bumpers but i think would mount to mount rod stlye bumpers. i've never even completed my own the way i wanted so i'll probly not be maken any to sell either. LOL well here they are.
the best part about them is that there made of a cuting board type material and it slides on rocks real nice and can take a hard crash without cracking. unlike aluminum that don't slid on rocks, scratches, and dents!!
1st is the little under front bumper. this one is still on my truck and has had no problems at all!!! i beat it up alot.

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 »

then the belly pan. this works awsome and i love it. this also is still on my truck and never had any problems!!!!

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 »

ant this is the rear case. i made this one diffrent and it came around the whole motor and everything. only problem i had was i riped it off cuz i counter sunk the screws that held it on too deep and it pulled them threw. nothin to bad but i never put it back on. LOL

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 »

and then i hve the links. this will work for any type of links that are round. LOL
i took this plastic tubing, the kind that you use to hook up the automatic ice maker in your frig. it's 1/4 ID. i cut it to the lengths i needed and then cut it the lenth of the tube. then just spread it and press it on to your links. i pais $3 for 20' of the tubing. i pop them on and off when ever i clean it. and they work awsome!!!!!! no more scratched links!!!!

Toyofast
Approved Member

Post by Toyofast »

Sweet man! I never even thought about that stuff for use as a skid/bumper material.

I take it that you're bending it via heat gun or a good source of heat...right?

xj667
Approved Member

Post by xj667 »

Shagrat,

Thats some great ideas for rock protection. Where did you get the material from? The tubing i know you can get at any hardware store. But what the skids from. was it a thin cutting board or amoething else.

Mark

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 »

well i got it off a machine at work it's a big 3 knife trimmer. but i talked to the guy that ordered it and he told me that he just asked for cuting board plastic and the thickness he wanted at the local plastic place. any color you wanted too. and i heated it up yeap!!!

country-clod-89
Approved Member

Post by country-clod-89 »

sure u dont want to make some more?

4x4XJ

Post by 4x4XJ »

Me like. Me want. Time to go raid wally world.