Clodzilla 2 build #2

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Re: Clodzilla 2 build #2

Post by RC51DUDE » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:08 am

I hate to say it (not really) but now the projects are piling up LOL. Truth be told, a clodbuster/Zilla was always an after thought and always in the back of my mind since I was about 18, (timeframe and reality check, Im 44 now) but other RC always took precedence, when I dug out my old Zilla 2 chassis, all of a sudden it was game on! BUILD EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED!!!! I don't race RC anymore, the RC hobby has always just been a thing I did. So now here we are.

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm diggin' the burnt orange color, looks great on that body.
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Post by RC51DUDE » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Thanks Steve, I really think it is now my favorite orange, I fell in love with a similar metalic orange color on the Chevy corvette's back in the early 2000s I think it was.

RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Post by RC51DUDE » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Well fall is almost here now and all my summertime fun will come to an end here in a few months soooooooo, my clod projects have been on the back shelf all summer, to busy with the heli projects, Traxxas Slash projects with my daughters, and my newly acquired Traxxas UDR.

But this Clodzilla runner project has been in the back of my mind all season, and I stumbled across some interesting info the other day that may solve my ESC woahs.....I was going through my owners manual on my Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro esc, and according to it, in brushed motor mode there is no motor limit! So that is exactly the setup I wanted, I wanted to run stock 27 or possibly 21 turn motors on 3 cell Lipo. So I belive I had the answer all along right under my nose so no money has to be spent on ESC. And I have an ESC that will LVC a 3 cell safely.

I just kept finding to much conflicting info on Traxxas EVX-2 whether or not it correctly would cut off if running a single 3 cell on it. So I belive my MMP ESC is my answer.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 am

RC51DUDE wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 pm

I just kept finding to much conflicting info on Traxxas EVX-2 whether or not it correctly would cut off if running a single 3 cell on it. So I belive my MMP ESC is my answer.
My EVX-2 shuts off just fine on a single 3-cell with 27t motors.. That said, I've run the MMP (in brushed mode) in a clod as well with 27t motors and it was great too. I ran the mamba monster as well for that matter.

RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Post by RC51DUDE » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 pm

andymac0035 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 am
RC51DUDE wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 pm

My EVX-2 shuts off just fine on a single 3-cell with 27t motors.. That said, I've run the MMP (in brushed mode) in a clod as well with 27t motors and it was great too. I ran the mamba monster as well for that matter.
Good to know!! but It really came down to me being a cheap :butthead: . Id rather spend the money on more parts than a ESC when I have something laying right here already that will work. I Had a Mamba Monster2 but I sold it with my RC8bE about two months ago, that was my original plan. Plus I like having all the same product. I've always used Castle products and love having Castle Link on my laptop to tweak stuff as needed. But with that said, I'm not opposed to buying a good used EVX-2 if the price is right. Now knowing that it will correctly LVC a 3 cell.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 pm

As long as it's a modern one it will. The really old ones don't and are easy to spot as they don't have the little caption on the sticker that denotes low voltage protection.

77chevy4x4

Post by 77chevy4x4 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:57 am

Just made mine .. the chassis is on the shelf with tlt-1 axles and a charger body on it . But I combined the 87 with my 99 esp clodzilla 2 came out nice .. obviously the bars needed sanding and polishing but quick paint added some details. Now to clean up the blue speed gems and get aluminum steering and original center servo mounted up .
nothing is impassable

RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Post by RC51DUDE » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:31 pm

77chevy4x4 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:57 am
Just made mine .. the chassis is on the shelf with tlt-1 axles and a charger body on it . But I combined the 87 with my 99 esp clodzilla 2 came out nice .. obviously the bars needed sanding and polishing but quick paint added some details. Now to clean up the blue speed gems and get aluminum steering and original center servo mounted up .
Where can I find your build?