Names and faces.... show your mug.

A place for all your non-R/C related discussions. Talk about whatever you like, but ALL posting rules still apply here!
the clodtalk rules
RedRabbit
Approved Member

Re: Names and faces.... show your mug.

Post by RedRabbit »

No intro section that I could find, so I thought I'd just do a quick one here.

Scott from Augusta County, VA. 41, father of 3, Army vet. Artist, leatherworker, and into all sorts of other nonsense.

I'm also an avid hot rodder. I've had a ton of different cars over the years. Currently building a 70's/80's style Chevy boogie van.

Got my first hobby grade R/C with a Midnight Pumpkin in 1987 at 9 years old, then a Bullhead in 1990. Got out of the hobby in the late 90's due to an increased interest in girls and 1:1 vehicles. Bought some Losi Mini-Ts for my daughters in 2007 while on my second tour to Iraq. Bought an SCX10 and TF2 a few years ago and sold them not long after, been regretting that ever since.

Recently came across the Trigger Kings videos on YouTube and got bit by the monster truck bug bad. I've still got my Midnight Pumpkin and Bullhead packed away, but they're in pieces and I'm not sure if I have everything for them. Going to drag it all back out very soon. I started a build thread on the Virginia Giant tribute I'm planning on building off the Bullhead axles over in the motor on axle section.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting back into the hobby.

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

I'm using that same elbow brace. :lol: Sucks getting old... but its a privilege denied to many.
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

RedRabbit
Approved Member

Post by RedRabbit »

matt1ptkn wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:07 pm
I'm using that same elbow brace. :lol: Sucks getting old... but its a privilege denied to many.
Yep, getting quite a bit of grey these days. Fun stuff. :shock: