Alita Battle Angel! (movie)

A place for all your non-R/C related discussions. Talk about whatever you like, but ALL posting rules still apply here!
the clodtalk rules
andymac0035
Administrator

Alita Battle Angel! (movie)

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 pm

I don't go to the movies very often these days, but this one got me (and Samantha) out there last weekend. It's based on Japanese Manga (think comic book graphic novels), and there was also some anime features on it as well. The Manga is 30 years old, and the anime is from the 90's. James Cameron bought the rights in 2000, and it's been simmering on his back-burner. After watching this, I'd say it was worth the wait. I found and watched the anime after seeing the movie, and read some of the Manga last night. I'm amazed how true they stayed to the source material. We are considering going back to see it again.
5c3dfb2f2d3bc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Halgar
Administrator

Re: Alita Battle Angel! (movie)

Post by Halgar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm not into all that Japanese Merengie or Harambe stuff. The snippets I've seen is sense assaulting, poorly animated, and incoherent, just not my thing. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Halgar wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 pm
I'm not into all that Japanese Merengie or Harambe stuff. The snippets I've seen is sense assaulting, poorly animated, and incoherent, just not my thing. 8)
This one is different. It's more sci-fi and adventure. Most of the characters are not Japanese and it doesn't take place in Japan either.
I'd never read Manga till last night, but this one I did like.

Anyway, this is a live action film, or what passes for one, since there there are a lot of "Avatar-like" effects in it.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Sounds interesting, will have to hit up YT for trailers.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Saw this with my son. I was pleasantly surprised. My criteria for movies like this is pure entertainment. I was definitely entertained and will see the sequel when it comes out.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.