Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Re: Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:28 am

I will as soon as CPE ships my parts!! im pumped, Im guessing CPE took some vacation time for Christmas and New years i ordered my goodies on the 28th and no confirmation yet

whitejoe88

Post by whitejoe88 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Hey all name is Joe from Orange County ny been I'm rc for about 12yrs now. Mostly traxxas and hpi. Recently just got into the shafty and have a brand new axial smt10 I'm building and a ax10 I started to build that will probbaly go up for sale.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Welcome to the site Joe!
Jeff

Notanotherclod

Post by Notanotherclod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello I'm TJ I have been involved in RC on and off for 20 plus years. I have recently caught the clod bug and starting racing them here in New England. I also do some rock racing and scale crawling stuff. Thanks for having me!!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 am

Welcome! There is a few of us here that like crawling as well! Be sure to check out the Shaft truck section.
Jeff

Dmart76

Post by Dmart76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:24 am

Hi all- new here and wanted to drop a quick line and intro. Turned 40 a few months ago, have a 20 month daughter. Moved to MN a few years ago... originally from IN, but have lived in NY and GA. Been into rc cars since I was a teen. Started out with a rockbuster, broke it in half during winter month outdoor play... dad felt bad for me and then it was on to bigger and badder rides. Which brings me to this: I've had a clodbuster for 26 years that my dad and I built. It's bone stock and was just recently brought out of hibernation. I'm looking to do some modifications without totally breaking the bank. On here hoping to seek advice on what I can do to bring it back to life!!

gates72ss
Approved Member

Post by gates72ss » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Hey guys new member here , not new to rc but just joining the clod sites..Name is terry everyone calls me tee , i have a small custom car shop in w.mass and been building and tinkering with rc's almost my whole life ..Also started the facebook page western mass rc ...
have a few clods as well as juggs , hi lifts , txts , etc etc ...just wanted to drop in and say whats up !!
Many new and old school rc's , been in the game for a while lol

Delo1605

Post by Delo1605 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey, new guy to the forum too. My name is Mike, from just outside Philly. 42, been into R/C on and off for about 30 years. Always loved the Tamiya stuff, Monster Beetle being my first real one. I'm mainly a basher, just like to play around, have a few nitro trucks, but I have always loved the Clod. Mine is an original from the first year that my buddy bought new. I have had it at least 20 years, and it needed some updating. I didn't want to put a chassis under it, so I just kept it on the shelf. I found this site, saw Andys super stocker, and that was what I was looking for, so I'm almost done with it. Thanks for the great site.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Welcome!

We look forward to seeing some postings/pics of things as you guys progress with your trucks! :popcorn:

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello to everyone! I've lurked around here for a while, and am a member over on RC10talk, and finally decided that I should just join here as well. My gateway RC was a Nikko Mascot for Xmas in '87 and my first real RC was a Clod for Xmas in '88. I still have both in working order. The Clod has been heavily modified and I'm actually looking to change it up a little bit again. I'll be posting some ESC questions shortly over in the electronics area. I just recently acquired an Emaxx and have wanted one for many years. Finally found an after Xmas deal on a brushless one, although it has some crash damage, it should clean up well. I also have a stock Clod with original MSC that is just good, simple fun from time to time.
Anyway, thanks for letting me join up, and I look forward to being a part of the community!
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 am

Welcome mate. I wish I could say that I owned a Clod from new, but the Blackfoot was as big as Santa's budget allowed. I wish I still had that one though!

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi guys, Im new and happy to have found this great clodtalk. I got a few clods/bullhead and a txt, as well as a mad force kruiser w clod size tires/wheels.

I live in a igloo and ride a snowdog team sled too work :shock: JK, but I am up in canada :lol:

Debating if I wana make my sawback into a monster jeep. I forgot the name of the yellow 1:1 jeep but something like that, there was also a swb bronco too.

KONG
Approved Member

Post by KONG » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome to Coldtalk.
NorthernNightmare wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm
Debating if I wana make my sawback into a monster jeep. I forgot the name of the yellow 1:1 jeep but something like that, there was also a swb bronco too.
The yellow jeep monster truck would be High Voltage.

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Yup thats the one, thanks 8)

I got the jeep on bigger 2.2, but just never liked scale crawler driving, so i might as well just do it. The biggest problem will be the axle uses real u-bolts, so a big lift will be tricky.

quickta

Post by quickta » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:31 pm

hello there , just joined the forum , my name is Dana (male), looking to do a clod build soon, when i was younger i had a clodbuster with a Bennett II suspension, i think with Trinity monster mash motors (yellow cans) , looking forward to the forum