Garage sale find

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
Steve C
Approved Member

Garage sale find

Post by Steve C » Fri May 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Got this tlt rockbuster at a garage sale I stopped at today. $5. Might make a fun future project to play around with.
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: Garage sale find

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 am

Score!

shadowfocus603
Approved Member

Post by shadowfocus603 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:19 pm

What a steal man. I'm always eyeballing yard sales but I have almost never seen any rc cars for sale and when I do they are either nitro or people want stupid money

Renegade
Approved Member

Post by Renegade » Mon May 20, 2019 11:55 am

Great deal, congrats! They are cool little trucks.
Team Juice: Wheelman

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 am

Nice score!

I found an origial Mountaineer a few years back, paid $25 for a box full of RC stuff, mostly Tyco garbage, but there was a Fox and a Mountaineer chassis in there, the Mountaineer is what caught my eye. I offered $20, but he wouldn't budge. I knew what I was looking at, so I didn't balk at the price, and there was a guy looking over my shoulder ready to pounce if I didn't. :mrgreen: Went back the next day hoping that he'd found the body, no luck there, but he had found the original radio that he just handed over. The only damage was a broken steering knuckle, other than that, virtually no damage and the tires still had the mold fuzzies on them, so it had never been run to any degree. Anyway, I sold all my RC stuff a couple years ago, got $350 for the Mountaineer and I think $40 for the Fox.

I still keep my out for RC deals, but haven't found any lately.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.