Garage sale gold

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
fuzzy8919

Garage sale gold

Post by fuzzy8919 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 am

IMG_20181110_170837_871.jpg
IMG_20181020_232041_583.jpg
Few months ago my mom found this jewel at a yard sale for $15. Was in a box with 4 nicds, charger, futaba remote, and some random nitro goodies. First clod ever so after a bit of research I was convinced I had a decent score. After doing a full tear down of the axles I was amazed at the pure beef going on in there, realized plastic can = quality. Did a strip and spray of the body turned out pretty well except the fact that king kong was a ford, hope I dont offend anyone. The electronics where in almost unused condition. The magnetic mayhem motors looked unused, and the radio and receiver obviously date later then the truck as well, revamp in mid 90s would be my guess but unused since then. After 1 run I decided to replace all ladder bars and servo saver, due to a few failures. Since then I've been amazed the the performance of dated electronics, 16 mph on 3s extremely punchy and a very underated futaba servo turns the thing with ease, while moving. If the ancient online handtyped spreadsheet is accurate it's got a whopping 50 in oz of tourque. So what will I be working on next? Any advise to a newb clod owner would be appreciated.

Cant get all my pics to attach but there is the finished product anyways....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Garage sale gold

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 am

Nice score!

Try adding each attachment one at a time where it says add files, only place one in line at a time.

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:36 am

Heck of a deal!
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:43 pm

nice score!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.