Now thats bashing done right

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Now thats bashing done right

Post by NorthernNightmare » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 am

This guy is really bringing it hard with his custom solid axle setup, hes international from Australia as far as i know.

Wish there where more info on the axle setup, either way looks like they can handle a beat down =D>

Last edited by NorthernNightmare on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Now thats bashing done right

Post by matt1ptkn » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Wow. I'm sure there were many outtakes and failures during the filming of that video, but that is a solid truck. It appears as though Werner no longer has to worry about breaking anything. My poor old Clod would be reduced to rubble if I attempted just one of those tricks/jumps.

I'll tip my hat to the designer/builder of that truck any day. =D>

Just found this other youtube video of his: . At 4:00 he starts detailing the axles. Its a Mugen diff. assembly that he built a steel box around.
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:25 pm

I dunno, there's bashing and then there's just not caring about your truck. To me jumping 6ft and landing upside down on a cinder block tends to fall into the later of the two lol. Tough truck though thats for sure.
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Ya thats a good test for durability, but like u said.. not at all what most would do with a nice looking show/race truck :lol:

hey matt how you get the youtube vid to appear like that with the picture on the forum?

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 pm

NorthernNightmare wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:20 pm
hey matt how you get the youtube vid to appear like that with the picture on the forum?
Click the youtube button in the header bar when you're making a post, then paste everything after the "watch?v=" part in the middle of the address.
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLIOn8bABws
Everything after the "watch?v=": aLIOn8bABws

In the case of your video it's everything after "https://youtu.be/". You only need the video identifying part of the address, you don't need the originating website stuff. This, of course, only works for youtube vids.

Here's the unedited address: https://youtu.be/jzmKCYlJcRw
This is the part that gets pasted into the YT code "jzmKCYlJcRw"

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

shadowfocus603
Approved Member

Post by shadowfocus603 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:03 am

The fellas name is Werner Sline. He builds all his stuff from scratch. His axles and such are all cut and welded steel. He's a member of a group I admin on Facebook and has posted several pics and videos. His stuff is built solely to do what that video shows. One of his videos he lands a quintuple backflip in a soft patch of dirt. And on a personal note the guy is as crazy as they come and an absolute hoot to talk to.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 pm

NorthernNightmare wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:20 pm
What Halgar said. :mrgreen:
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."