New guy from MI

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
kwkenuf

New guy from MI

Post by kwkenuf »

This all happened really quick for me. One day I decided to get the new Black Edition Clod, so I pre-ordered it. Then I was browsing an auction site and stumbled upon a vintage Clod. I ended up winning it! So I got my vintage one on a Tuesday, and that Friday my new one was delivered too! So I went from no Clods to two Clods! Anyways, here's some pics...

Original working condition. I do plan on going ESC, already have a HW 880. Swap out the servo for a stronger one as this one just seems to struggle. New radio as the Magnum Jr. doesn't work, and I don't care to try and fix it. And 3s power. Just going to tool around with it like that for a while. Not looking to get crazy with speed or anything like that, I have a Stampede for that kind of stuff. Oh yeah, my name is Bob, and I am in West Michigan. This came from the east side of MI, is it from someone on this forum?

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: New guy from MI

Post by andymac0035 »

Welcome!

If you want to keep those basically stock this might give you a few ideas: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30540

If you want to get a little crazier you might like this: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27443
(that's a long thread, the current stuff starts around page 23 or so)

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C »

Welcome aboard. I'm a Michigan guy as well, East side, Royal Oak just above Detroit.

Steve
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

kwkenuf

Post by kwkenuf »

andymac0035 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:53 pm
If you want to keep those basically stock this might give you a few ideas: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30540
Thanks for the link! That is the kind of insight I am looking for! I have read a couple of other steering related things and I think that will be the first area I attend too. I have a new steering servo on the way already. Just need the time to tinker.

BloodClod
Approved Member

Post by BloodClod »

Welcome! It's pretty amazing how decades after my first stock clod, I can still feel the thrill whenever I see someone get their very first one (or two!). :)
...Was once the totalitarian admin here trying to be god...

RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Post by RC51DUDE »

Welcome to the boards!! Look forward to see what you do with your clods, I think I was watching that auction too, good find! And just a warning one clod turns into two, two into three, three into four, so on and so fourth lol