It's dusty in here...

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
country-clod-89
Approved Member

It's dusty in here...

Post by country-clod-89 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:06 pm

I doubt anybody remembers me, I was really active on here back in the mid 2000's. Going through some storage this weekend and found my F350 high lift that I hadn't touched in 12 years and it brought back some fond memories. Now I'm really kicking myself in the AZZ for selling all my old RC's, especially my gecko clod, txt-1 and E-Maxx.

Looks like a lot has changed since I've been gone, brushless motors were a mystical beast back in the day, now it seems everyone has them! Lol the new lipos seem pretty exciting also, I remember thinking I had infinite power when I got a 3300MAH pack for my crawler!

Anyway, good to see a few of the regulars are still alive. I've been looking through posts thinking "hey I remember that guy!" I hope everyone's doing well!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Re: It's dusty in here...

Post by Halgar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Welcome back to the insanity! :twisted: #-o :mrgreen:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

country-clod-89
Approved Member

Post by country-clod-89 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:27 am

Halgar wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:32 pm
Welcome back to the insanity! :twisted: #-o :mrgreen:
it's like an addiction, always reeling you back in! :lol:

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:11 am

Welcome back. You will be amazed at the new brushless and Lipo tech and the power it has. I got out of Rc about 16 or so years ago and just got back last fall. After squeezing the trigger on my brushless/lipo clod I had a smile ear to ear. It's crazy how much more power these has now then they use to have. And the run time is so much better. We use to be happy with 10-12 mins with our old 7 cell packs and 10T motor clods, now 25mins is average for mine.
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

country-clod-89
Approved Member

Post by country-clod-89 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 am

Steve C wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:11 am
Welcome back. You will be amazed at the new brushless and Lipo tech and the power it has. I got out of Rc about 16 or so years ago and just got back last fall. After squeezing the trigger on my brushless/lipo clod I had a smile ear to ear. It's crazy how much more power these has now then they use to have. And the run time is so much better. We use to be happy with 10-12 mins with our old 7 cell packs and 10T motor clods, now 25mins is average for mine.
I've been watching videos of trucks running brushless motors and it's hard to believe the difference versus brushed. Electric has really came a long way, I'm a diesel mechanic and I rarely ever grab air tools anymore, my Milwaukee cordless impacts are just as powerful as my ingersoll air impacts. The only time I break out the air hose now is for the 1" drive stuff.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:17 am

Welcome back! I find it amazing how many people put stuff in storage, only to find it years down the road. I don't ever think I could do that, but life circumstances can change that.

I have not heard the name Gecko in a long while! They had some cool chassis back in the day. Post pictures of your Ford! Would love to see them!
Jeff

country-clod-89
Approved Member

Post by country-clod-89 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:40 am

This is the most recent picture I have of it, it was in pieces when I found it. It's back in one piece now, had a short bashing session with it earlier in the living room pillow crawling :lol:

I was hoping to find some pictures of my clod and txt on here but I've only been able to find 2 of the clod. There was probably some in the BST section (from when I sold them #-o ) but I dont see any posts there. Meant to message one of you and see if it's just empty or if I dont have access yet?

Files too large... let me ask my wife how to downsize it LOL

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:30 am

The B/S/T section is just empty due to lack of use. It also automatically purges the topics/posts in there after a set time.

Each uploaded image has to be under 4mb in size.