Bumper/servo mount

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
Steve C
Approved Member

Bumper/servo mount

Post by Steve C » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Has anyone used this same bumper here? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Axle- ... %7Ciid%3A1

With my current vertical servo mount on my hardcore basher build I'm working on I was going to build a cage around the servo because I don't like it hanging out in front like it is. Thinking this bumper that doubles as a servo mount might be a better option though.
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

RC51DUDE
Approved Member

Re: Bumper/servo mount

Post by RC51DUDE » Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 am

Steve C wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:42 pm
Has anyone used this same bumper here? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Axle- ... %7Ciid%3A1

With my current vertical servo mount on my hardcore basher build I'm working on I was going to build a cage around the servo because I don't like it hanging out in front like it is. Thinking this bumper that doubles as a servo mount might be a better option though.
I put the same bumpers on my Coors zilla 2 build, but I have yet to install servos, but my thinking was the same as yours. I think it will look better with a servo behind a bumper rather than one of the side mount jobs for me. They feel stout enough that I bet they would break the gear box halves before you damage a servo.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear » Thu May 02, 2019 2:38 am

I was looking at getting one as well. I'd much rather have the JPS version but they rarely come up, and when they do they go for way too much. These clones will have to suffice.

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Thu May 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Yeah it's crazy what people want for the JPS ones. There a JPS one on ebay right now and the guy wants $180. I went ahead and ordered the $30 a couple days ago. A lot of guys on the FB clod group said they all use it and really like it so I'm gonna give it a go. I'll let you guys know how it seems to work out. I think that was the last piece I needed now for the build. Hope to have the truck running here with in the next week maybe :)
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.