Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
~New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.~
Steve C
Approved Member

Re: Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by Steve C » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Welcome. I was the same as you and got out of it for a long stint (15 yrs) and just got back in a few months ago. Post up some pics we love pics :)
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Welcome. We look forward to seeing your builds. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

clodder99

Post by clodder99 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:34 pm

New member here. Been out of the RC world for over 20 years.have two small children who have been into it now. So I get an excuse to come back to the RC world. So many changes! Just put together a Clod for my five year old. Starting upgrades now. I will post pics when I can.

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Welcome clodder99. It's amazing how much the tech has evolved isn't it. It blew my mind some of the things that have changed when I jumped back in.
I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend, And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.

clodder99

Post by clodder99 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:43 am

Steve C wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:16 pm
Welcome clodder99. It's amazing how much the tech has evolved isn't it. It blew my mind some of the things that have changed when I jumped back in.
So many changes for the good when it comes to tech. I remember when everything was manual speed controllers. Lol however I am sad to see there are very few kits anymore, seems that everything is RTR. I always loved building kits. Sad to see they’re almost all gone.

Steve C
Approved Member

Post by Steve C » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Yeah totally agree with ya on that. IMO building was half the fun when you bought a Rc car/truck. At least the super clod still is a kit. I just wish some of the others came in kit form as well.

gritsngreens1
Approved Member

Post by gritsngreens1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:15 am

Hello all, just getting back into this after many years off. It's amazing how much some things have changed and how some haven't at all.

gritsngreens1
Approved Member

Post by gritsngreens1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 am

Have a few questions, is the classified section off limits to new peeps with low post counts? I could't get access. Also is there anywhere besides ebay to look and or possibly trade clod parts? Thanks in advance.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:27 pm

gritsngreens1 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 am
Have a few questions, is the classified section off limits to new peeps with low post counts? I could't get access. Also is there anywhere besides ebay to look and or possibly trade clod parts? Thanks in advance.
Yup, we encourage members to be active and get to know each other before letting them into the BST area. Makes for happier trade environment. The post count is pretty low, something like 20 or 25, so get in there, and interact with everyone. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

gritsngreens1
Approved Member

Post by gritsngreens1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:59 am

No worries i'll post a few here and there and get my posts in. I had a chance to see a buddies car today(something losi) i couldn't believe how fast that thing went! He offered to let me drive and i putted around and really enjoyed it. He said i had a grin from ear to ear.