MIP solid lock out 8mm axle shafts

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

MIP solid lock out 8mm axle shafts

Post by NorthernNightmare » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:18 am

Hi, I was in contact with MIP and they said if they basicly get enough reqests for the solid lock out 8mm Clodbuster/ Jugg / TXT-1 axle shafts they might fire up the tooling and put them back out on the market so If you want a set feel free to contact them

I believe they just want to gadge interest and see if it is worth bringing back, I personaly need a at lest two set's, and think with the upturn in RC monster trucks they would be a pretty good seller

The front axles with rcv joints and also 8mm outputs, are still currently available through rc4wd, we are looking to get the solid 8mm non steer axle back for sale.

The Locked out rears is for people that dont need the rear steer, also good for extreme jumping and all around less moving parts to break

Ya so let them know that you would be interested in a set or two

Thanks

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Re: MIP solid lock out 8mm axle shafts

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:33 am

I think we should start a petition on here

TweakedTad
Approved Member

Post by TweakedTad » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Brad at ttr has been wanting to do another run of them. It is a large number that has to be made for them to make them again. Mip never actually sold them it was through ttr. The front cvd's will sale better than the rears. Therc4wd have some fitment issues but are working on fixing the problem.

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 am

Yes good points there, I am aware of most of them.

Just passing on what I learned from talking directly with MIP

I contacted ttr as well but they never get back to most anyone that contacted them , I actully knew about ttr for many years. That said never bought anything from them as they almost never have anything in stock, and never reply to email, or forum questions.

Im just passing along what MIP told me to do send people with reqest direct to them, that way they are not just talking with one vender

The cvd in the rear are not strong enough for my application. I broke a few rc4wd cvd's mainly from just falling apart at high speeds with 2200 kv

RCMT John
Approved Member

Post by RCMT John » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:59 pm

I agree with others. I think the cvds would be much more popular but would love to see MIP make both. Any idea what their minimum lot size is ? I would be interested in some. I think the MIP cvds are stronger then RC4WDs. I have a brushless TXT I launched off a skateboard ramp many times and never broke my MIP cvds.

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:51 am

Yup, sounds good just shoot them a e-mail if you get the chance

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:30 am

No need to contact MIP directly. I have put in a quote request on the CVDs and straight axles. Once they come back with numbers, I can determine cost and eventually the availability time.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:05 am

Good news indeed