My Project Blackfoot

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
BloodClod
Approved Member

Re: My Project Blackfoot

Post by BloodClod » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 am

Some pictures of my blackfeet. :)

Not exactly identical twins...

Side profiles.

From the front.

The top view shows how I've shortened the wheelbase of the Blackfoot III to match that of the original.

In this pic you can see that the width of the trucks is almost identical. The Blackfoot III's width has been narrowed by using Stadium Blitzer wheels.

Without their shells - two chassis representing very different design philosophies.

Another picture of the cars without their shells.

Which do you guys prefer? :)
... was once the totalitarian admin here trying to be god...

BloodClod
email: bloodclod@hotmail.com

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:34 pm

I'll take both please. Seriously though, I'm an old school dude so naturally I'd go with the Frog based one. Also, the Blackfoot was my first monster truck so there's the whole nostalgia thing. Regardless, they both look fantastic and you've done an excellent job.

:D
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

BloodClod wrote:
SFC K wrote:That is a great idea! I ran mine yesterday and noticed a lot of chattering in the rear case. Does your truck do the same with the new sliders? Mine is driving me nuts and it is hard to tell where it is coming from other that the case. I really don't want to take it all apart again.

I wonder if the outputs are moving in and out causing it? If I tried out your mod, I would have to figure out something for the locknut end... :?
If your gearbox is chattering then chances are it's the bevels in the diff skipping. It's a common problem with this gearbox as the metal gearbox sides warp under heavy load and can't hold the diff together. The so-called "oldfrogshot" mod was thought up by a friend of mine and is rather popular with these gearboxes. His mod involved a 2.5x25mm countersunk screw threaded into the opposing diff outdrive and held in place with a good dose of locktite. I simply improvised his mod to include a locknut and thrust bearing. Same principle - essentially securing both diff halves together to prevent them pulling apart.\

I think you could get away with my version of the mod if you could find or fashion slightly shorter dogbones.

Thanks for the reply. I will have to look at this and see what I can do to remedy this problem.

BTW, Your two trucks are Awesome looking! I really like those white spoked wheels on the black one. :wink:
Jeff

rocpede
Approved Member

Post by rocpede » Thu May 01, 2014 2:14 pm

I like both trucks and wish a company made a chassis, like you did for the Blackfoot III.
if you can't dodge it then ram it