Enter, Brushless MGT

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Supreme Reign
Approved Member

Re: Enter, Brushless MGT

Post by Supreme Reign » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:29 pm

I finally got the Castle 6mm connectors soldered to the ESC and got everything setup for a good day of bashing.

My stupid Thunder A6 charger died while checking batteries, so I had to make do with what was left in the batteries, probably half the charge. Ebony was less than amused. It had good grunt, but not a lot of top speed. My brother had to go do a photo shoot, so He wasn't able to video for me, so I'll get some video next time.

Still, I got everything packed and headed for the baseball field. I had a 68T spur and 18T pinion for a 3.77 ratio. That's not too far from the 3.69 ratio you get when running the center diff mod with the recommended 48T/13T combo with a 2200kv motor. I'm going to swap out the 68T spur for 52T, so that I can lower the motor.

I always said it's ridiculous how the MGT/Rival, Savage, and LST kept getting longer with each revision. Funny thing is the second this thing took off spitting out red clay, the first thing I thought was, "Yeah... This thing can be bigger." Might have to pick up a Rival chassis for the other MGT.
Destiny..You cannot destroy my destiny!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:27 am

Sweet! Someday I too will have to convert mine over. I should really try and run some nitro through mine first though, for the fun of it. :wink: These trucks are big even with the first addition, so I can realate. They do look cool though when they are moving out and put smiles on everyone's faces. 8) :)
Jeff

Supreme Reign
Approved Member

Post by Supreme Reign » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:44 pm

SFC K wrote:Sweet! Someday I too will have to convert mine over. I should really try and run some nitro through mine first though, for the fun of it. :wink: These trucks are big even with the first addition, so I can realate. They do look cool though when they are moving out and put smiles on everyone's faces. 8) :)
Thanks. These are awesome trucks, for sure!!

I found my GCM E-Savage in a storage closet!! It just needs motors and an ESC. I may have to take them both out for a run together. Here's a size comparison. E-Savages and E-Maxxes seemed so big when they were first released.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:00 am

Yup, much bigger. 8) Did you install the longer Rival chassis or is that still the MGT chassis?

BTW, I started looking into conversion parts for mine. Just trying to decide which route to go.
Jeff

Supreme Reign
Approved Member

Post by Supreme Reign » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:47 am

SFC K wrote:Yup, much bigger. 8) Did you install the longer Rival chassis or is that still the MGT chassis?
This is the MGT chassis. I'm not going to change this chassis. I may do it on the other one. I love the size of this one. It's perfect.
SFC K wrote:BTW, I started looking into conversion parts for mine. Just trying to decide which route to go.
Here's the auction for the center diff mod(no chassis mods required):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thunder-tiger-m ... xyJX1TDZNs

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Supreme Reign wrote:
SFC K wrote:Yup, much bigger. 8) Did you install the longer Rival chassis or is that still the MGT chassis?
This is the MGT chassis. I'm not going to change this chassis. I may do it on the other one. I love the size of this one. It's perfect.
SFC K wrote:BTW, I started looking into conversion parts for mine. Just trying to decide which route to go.
Here's the auction for the center diff mod(no chassis mods required):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thunder-tiger-m ... xyJX1TDZNs
LOL, That is the same one I have saved to my wish list. :mrgreen:
Jeff

Supreme Reign
Approved Member

Post by Supreme Reign » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:19 am

SFC K wrote:LOL, That is the same one I have saved to my wish list. :mrgreen:
Looks like I'll be buying one, too. :lol:

Well, the batteries are crap. One of them is near death, so the run wasn't what it could be. It had sporadic bursts of power when I handed it over to my brother. What was painfully obvious was that it was severely undergeared with the E-Maxx trans and 68T/20T combo. The motor had more legs, but there was no more speed to give. The 1515 motor couldn't work with the 54T E-Revo spur, because it would hit the trans case. I'm going to sell the E-Maxx trans and get the center diff mount. I already have the center diff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niXqsm8uegY