MMTR Racing is BACK!!

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
chafey

Post by chafey » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:53 pm

i wish clod racing were real and not a fantasy where i live.
if you aint breaking stuff you aint got enough power

team prp

Post by team prp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:31 am

That's too bad, chafey...

Turnout at our club has been pretty light so far this fall. We've only been getting 6 people on Wednesday nights. I now call them the "Berzerker 6" because everyone that shows up to race runs a Berzerker now. I think we scared off the competition! LOL!

We're going to have to post more flyers and try to get the word out more at all the shops in the area.

slbks5

Post by slbks5 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:07 am

More "AIR" Pics!!!

team prp

Post by team prp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:04 pm

Hahaha, ok! I'll bring my camera tonight ;)

chafey

Post by chafey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:25 pm

if i lived where you do i would be no 7. there isnt even 1 clod around here set-up for racing. :(
if you aint breaking stuff you aint got enough power

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:26 am

HEY Minnesota guys whats up with your racing is going on this year. Do you have any new pics up? ERIC
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

team prp

Post by team prp » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:48 am

Hey Eric,

You need to change that blue text, I can barely read it :lol:

The club has really taken a hit last year, attendance was just about cut in half. Several members moved and have different jobs, so that has been most of it.

But we are starting to see some new people show up, so that is awesome!

I did take some photos a few weeks ago that I still need to post. I'm probably going to start posting some video clips soon too.

See ya!
Ben

The Red Dragon
Approved Member

Post by The Red Dragon » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:19 am

sweet, would love to see what you guys do there with those beautiful truck, definately need action shots and vids
R.I.P Braden Mare. you where a true friend and will be missed.

Rides:
JunkYard Nautilus....in dry dock for repairs
clodbuster (bigfoot 8 ) (upgraded to 12v lead acid sealed battery)
HPI RS4 MT (dead, brushless killed it)

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:54 am

Hey Ben,
Keeping the racing alive is hard. I hope to see some pics :D I am looking forward to the nats and worlds. I also have plans for the super pull and Leons race. Too bad this stuff was not closer for you guys. We need to get a big race date for Illinois and hopefully you guys could make it.
Can you do me a favor and ask Doug if he is going to bring his Kong clod to the nats. I would love to run with him. Take it easy for now and I will have to try to post some more stuff. ERIC
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

HellBound

Post by HellBound » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:58 pm

How is the setup lately? Any racing going on? I am in Eagan and would like to bring some buddies down and get some racing action going. Do you guys run freestyle too? I will have my trucks together soon. How many trucks a nite would we see down there?
Thunder Tech Ripper Pro Clodbuster
John Boyer Tube Frame Replica Clodbuster
5 Stock Clods (awaiting chassis choices)
Tamiya Juggernaut w/ Juggular kit
Tamiya TXT-1 Ripper
Tamiya TXT-1 Stock Basher

team prp

Post by team prp » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Hey Hellbound,

We took the month of January off. Turnout has been pretty light but we will be racing again in February. Be sure to check out our web page for updates: http://www.teamprpracing.com/mmtr

We used to get 15-20 + mod clods each night. But the last couple of years it's been between 5 and 10. We each run a MOD CLOD, a STOCK MOTOR TOUGH TRUCK (they are converted touring cars or rs4 rallies), and a SPEC CLOD (17t motors max, 6 cell pack, stock tires, basic chassis with shocks mounted directly to axle (this makes it cheap and simple to get in to). We sometimes race Rally cars and we might start racing the new Associated mini rally cars too on some nights.

We sometimes goof off after racing with freestyle or an open track, but our actual freestyle nights are after our week 10 world finals course race.

Stop by our web page to get the schedule when it's updated. I don't check these forums too often.

Thanks!
Ben

Shelby VNT
Approved Member

Post by Shelby VNT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:06 pm

So where do you guys do all this racing again? Illinois? It's technically not that far away from me, in WI, but I couldn't make a trip like that every race. Do any of you guys crawl too?

When I get my Berzerker done, and get some good driving skills, maybe I'll have to try meeting up sometime.

I only wish there was a decent crawling org. in the area like you guys have with your racing. That would be cool!
-Nathan-

Sufferin' Succotash

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm

No Nathan the prp group is from Minnesota. They do come out to Ohio for the large events but they also have some local racing up by them. Leave Ben (team prp) a pm and he will get back to you with the info.
By the way Hey Ben hows it going hope all is well up north. Do you have your Wheely King yet I want to see your twist on it. I have mine....they are cool little trucks.

richmaster
Approved Member

Re: MMTR Racing is BACK!!

Post by richmaster » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:02 am

Big Schott wrote:Just a few trucks. :D
i like the top truck
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
Owner Of Clodzone.com

Big Schott

Re: MMTR Racing is BACK!!

Post by Big Schott » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:54 am

richmaster wrote:
Big Schott wrote:Just a few trucks. :D
i like the top truck
I Own that truck at this time. (Minus the top) I am one of the guys that has moved but I need to race again someday soon. The truck has been sitting on a shelf for the past 2 years, I tried to get it going this past fall and rear motor's brushes are bad and the front servo had a bad glitch. I put it back on the shelf and haven't even tried to get it going...

I need to race.. BAD

Later
Tom