Gecko 2 vs Inet RC Chassis

Support forum for RCGUY products.

Moderator: RCGUY

Dankycrawler

Gecko 2 vs Inet RC Chassis

Post by Dankycrawler » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:43 am

I would like to hear some feedback on what people think of the two chassis in comparison is there a favorite which provides more artic? which one is the better buy?
NCDC (NOR CAL DANKY CRAWLERS)

monster_puller

Post by monster_puller » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:32 am

inet, looks a bit cleaner, and has a cool cut out of INET in it. ahh, they are both the same thing, and both have their ups and downs. Go with whichever your heart desires!

http://www.freewebs.com/offroad_rc

Surferboy

Post by Surferboy » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:18 am

I like the lower links on the gecko 2, Very handy to mount shocks and you can change the ride hight in seconds. I do like the Inet too it's well made and it has that cool factor of having the name on the frame. I have a gecko 2 and am very happy with it. I can't say much about the Inet because I do not have one nor have a seen one in person. I say get the one that will work for the best for me it was the gecko 2.

Surferboy
To be surprised, To wonder, Is to began to understand.

Itsik

Post by Itsik » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:42 am

I have the Inet and my friend has a Gecko-1.

The basic design is pretty much the same, but there are a few things that need to be taken into account.

1. The Inet is A LOT cleaner! The Gecko lines are not cut streight and the chassis has several cosmetic flows. Some people might find it bothering (I know my friend does)
2. The links on the Inet are much bigger which means much stronger, and that's an obvious advantage.
3. The Inet has Allum shock mounts which are an extra on the Gecko.

The Gecko2 probebly has most of those flows fixed, but I don't know how it compares to the Inet. This only refers to the original Gecko.

Itsik

Itsik

Post by Itsik » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:43 am

I have the Inet and my friend has a Gecko-1.

The basic design is pretty much the same, but there are a few things that need to be taken into account.

1. The Inet is A LOT cleaner! The Gecko lines are not cut streight and the chassis has several cosmetic flows. Some people might find it bothering (I know my friend does)
2. The links on the Inet are much bigger which means much stronger, and that's an obvious advantage.
3. The Inet has Allum shock mounts which are an extra on the Gecko.

The Gecko2 probebly has most of those flows fixed, but I don't know how it compares to the Inet. This only refers to the original Gecko.

Itsik

monster_puller

Post by monster_puller » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:01 pm

yeah, I didnt want to be bashed, so I didnt say that, but the gecko isnt cnc cut, it is done by hand, or at least they seem to have been. cnc ould make it flawless.

RCGUY
Business Member

Post by RCGUY » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:47 pm

Hello Guys,

Just to set the record straight, all of the Gecko 1 and Gecko 2 chassis kits are CNC'ed. They have been like this for several months. The Gecko 2 chassis adds CNC lower 4-links. The previous edition Gecko 1 wasn't CNC'ed, I made those by hand.

WR450F

Post by WR450F » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:25 am

pshhhhhh who needs straight lines its a crawler!!!!!! :o :o :o :D :twisted:

i love my gecko 1

both companies seem to have really good customer service so...

monster_puller

Post by monster_puller » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:55 am

Yeah, only the old geckos were done by hand. I was pretty sure that thee 2nd generation was, otherwise this would have come up before. Heck, we all know they are both great chassis, so I guess go with the better cosmetics, whichever is more your style!